Cobham's Water Activated Mask Release (WAMR) releases an aircrew member's oxygen mask bayonet to allow for respiration in the event of a sea water landing. The WAMR provides the same critical life saving benefits as Cobham's Cartridge Actuated Cutter (CAC). The device actuates once the aircrew member has resurfaced from a water landing.
Key features of the WAMR include:
- Installed in the same location and manner as the standard bayonet receiver assembly
- May be installed on either side or both sides of helmet
- Device arms itself after submerging and then actuates after clearing the water
- Allows the pilot to breathe naturally while floating
- WAMR body will separate after actuation, leaving the plastic spacer and jaws on the helmet
- Will not actuate when subjected to rain or while underwater