A career with Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a bright future!
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,500 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems in commercial, defense, and security markets, from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Cobham is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Contracts Manager to join our growing team.
• Provides excellent business partnering to Business Area VP/General Manager on contractual matters and transfers confidence to other members of Contracts, Compliance and Legal where necessary on shared services and compliance and legal matters.
• Performs and/or oversees “cradle to grave” contract management activities, including providing sound advice on proposal preparation and contract risk mitigation.
• Negotiates and administers contracts and related auxiliary agreements and guides and coordinates contracts professionals, where applicable, on such activities.
• Represents the Company independently or as team leader on complex, high-risk and/or large-scale customer and supply chain transactions.
• Contributes expertise to contract strategy meetings to identify issues and customer requirements.
• Prepares and presents analyses of completed bid/proposal packages, including recommendations to management for negotiation strategies.
• Monitors programs and proactively identifies and resolves problems related to contract changes and compliance with schedules, specifications, and other obligations.
• Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and recommendations to mitigate contractual/program risks.
• Fosters and maintains a sound and reliable relationship with counterparts in internal and external customer organizations.
• Shares subject matter expertise to train Business Area cross functional staff on contract issues to raise contracting awareness, as needed.
• As a member of the CAES Contracts team and broader FCCL team, assists with development and implementation of functional strategy and deliverables.
• Participates in and, when requested, leads special projects or improvement initiatives as designated by senior leaders within FCCL.
• Establishes work policies and standards of performance for others to follow within the same functional area.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities related to contracting, as required.
• Established track record of successful “cradle to grave” contracts management, including advising on complex proposals, negotiating terms, and managing contract changes.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve positive results through influence, negotiation and change management.
• Proven ability to develop sound relationships in internal and external customer organizations.
• Effective communicator both orally and in writing.
• Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to manage time and competing priorities, including handling several assignments concurrently.
• Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and documentation databases
• 3-5 years experience with FAR/DFAR or commensurate education or experience
• Advanced degree and/or additional contracts management experience
• Experience in the aerospace and defense industry
• Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.