Cobham Mission Systems is seeking a Financial Analyst III– who will develop, analyse, evaluate, coordinate, prepare and oversee multi-dollar cost proposals to government and commercial customers. This position is located Davenport. IA.
- Assure adherence to Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA) and Cobham policies and procedures with regard to cost proposal preparation, review, submission and negotiations
- Review and interpret the RFP (Request for Proposal) for all pricing requirements and work with the proposal team to set up the approach and schedule required for bidding the proposal
- Coordinate cost proposal efforts by interfacing with applicable departmental personnel including Finance, Contracts, Business Development, Supply Chain, Engineering and Senior Management personnel, as well as customers and auditors
- Estimate labor and material costs for manufacturing and engineering based on requests for proposals from internal and external customers
- Research historical data in detail and develop fully traceable summaries
- Support changes or modifications with the customer, and participate as a member of the contract negotiation team
- Incorporate and perform the final certification process as required on all certifiable proposals to the government
- Analyze and respond to customer fact-finding and external audits
- Provide guidance and mentor fellow coworkers of Cost Estimation processes
- Review and provide guidance on the work product of coworkers within the Cost Estimation Team
- Leads efforts required for larger cost estimates
- Leads Cost Estimation improvement projects
- Performs all operations according to prescribed
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Finance, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, or Supply Chain Management
- 5+ years’ experience analysing, developing and applying direct cost and performance data to develop estimates in support of new or follow-on business
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Prior experience with organizing large amounts of data
- Providing guidance to fellow employees on business processes
- 1+ years’ experience analyzing, developing, and applying direct cost and performance data to develop estimates in support of new or follow-on business
Cobham Mission Systems' values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham Mission Systems is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham Mission Systems to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham Mission Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham Mission Systems to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham Mission Systems will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
As an equal opportunity employer, Cobham Mission Systems, is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Cobham Mission Systems’ career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by contacting CRT.NA@cobham.com
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobhammissionsystems.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobhammissionsystems