Cobham is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic at our Westminster, MD facility
- Perform scheduled maintenance duties and some repair work.
- Assist in the construction, plumbing or wiring of equipment, as required.
- Assist in installation of testing and machine equipment.
- Work from blueprints, free-hand sketches or verbal order, as required.
- Maintain necessary maintenance records indicating preventative maintenance dates
- Perform necessary housekeeping functions.
- Operate common hand and power tools, such as hand drill, saws, hammer, pliers, and wire cutters, soldering, brazing, and welding equipment.
- Operate and maintain all equipment under the maintenance department’s jurisdiction, such as forklift truck and snow blower.
- Perform a wide variety of duties by assisting or responding to direction from experienced craft personnel in painting, carpentry, pipe fitting, electrical, mechanical or general utility work, as required.
- Overhaul pumps, change filters, and run conduit and pull wires.
- Perform minor plumbing repairs or installations, such as sink traps, leaking faucets, faulty air or vacuum lines, and other general preventative and corrective maintenance.
- As required, perform janitorial or watchman duties on any shift, including nights, Sunday and holidays
- Work from ladders and scaffolds, as required.
- Following a prepared schedule, lubricate machines and equipment using specified lubricants.
- Change coolants, soluble oils, filters and cleaning components of machines as called for by schedule or as required by supervisors.
- Assist other maintenance personnel tasks such as cleaning components of machines as called for by schedule or as required by supervisors.
- Assist other maintenance personnel in tasks, such as cleaning machine tools, constructing walls or floors and snow removal.
- Support safety team, Confined Space, Hazmat, Crane/Hoist, and High Pressure Testing, Hot work permitting, forklift and lock-out-tag-out processes.
- Maintain the main and satellite waste collection areas.
- High school diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience in a maintenance/ facility role
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to safely operate hand tools
- Read and interpret blueprints and tape measure
- Valid driver’s license
- 1+ year(s) HVAC experience
- HVAC or Pneumatic Certification
- Lock out, tag out training and experience
- Confined space training and experience
- Safety training and experience
- Hazmat training and experience
- Forklift training and experience
- Ability to drive standard transmission/ box truck (non-CDL)
- Supervisory/ Lead-man experience
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobham.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham