Cobham is seeking a Composite Assembler to work in our Composite Pressure Solutions manufacturing facility. Essential job functions include frequent lifting and moving of parts and materials up to 50 lbs. and use of PPE to include safety shoes, eye protection and filtered respirators. This position is located in Westminster, MD.
- Operate, maintain and clean production machinery and equipment
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Participate in 5S cell efforts and continuous improvement
- Comply with work policies
- Identify improvement opportunities.
- Report all near misses, illnesses, and injuries following established procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that Environmental, Health, and Safety are included as part of everyday activities
- Completed High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of one year of manufacturing experience OR minimum of one year of military experience
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs often and work standing up for a full 8 hr shift.
- Must be able to wear a respirator as well as other safety equipment throughout their shift.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Previous composite/fiberglass experience
- CNC machine operation experience
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Understanding of Lean, Six Sigma, Cellular Manufacturing, One Piece Flow, and Continuous Improvement concepts
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobham.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham