Cobham Mission Systems have an exciting opportunity for a Stores Person (known internally as a Materials Handler).
The purpose of this role is to perform the administrative & physical tasks involved in the receiving, storing and tracking of parts, supplies and equipment, to manage the kitting, deployment and distribution of inventory necessary to support the business and accurately pick stock items in accordance with the outgoing paperwork ensuring conformance to the customer’s requirements.
This role is in Wimborne, Dorset.
As a Stores Person, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Current or recent experience working as a Stores Person/Material Handler in a similar warehouse environment
- Goods inwards experience essential
- Ability to operate lifting equipment such as forklifts and electric pallet trucks
- Certification to operate a forklift truck is preferred
- Ability to lift and move materials over 15lbs.
- IT Literate
- Must have good attention to detail & accuracy
- Team player/Coconscious
As a Stores Person, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Deploying inventory directly to shop floor locations and kanbans/regulators or via kitting operations as required
- Conducting accurate stock checks and cycle counts in accordance with Business Unit policy and SOF best practice.
- To maintain quality, batch control and traceability of all parts and to ensure the department operates to the quality manual
- To issue stock parts to the workshop as required and to update the system accordingly
- Communicating with vendors regarding shipping status, receipts and RMAs and preparing operational documentation relating to RMA’s as required
- Identifying and controlling all non-conforming materials
- Maintaining and filing all Goods Received Notes and records of receipt
- To adequately package all orders for safe delivery to the customer.
- To be flexible as possible with working hours at times of heavy workload.
- To deal with receipts for indirect purchases.
- To undertake any other duties, from time to time, as can be reasonably requested by the company.
- May operate a forklift.
- Performs all operations according to prescribed safety, health and environmental (SHE) principles.
- Stocks goods in inventory or in specified locations on the line (regulators, kan bans)
- Executes ERP transactions involving movement of inventory and other related transactions
About Cobham Mission Systems
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
We offer challenging and rewarding roles across a wide range of disciplines that combine to make us a true global technology and service leader.
Our ethos is rooted firmly in our history of innovation, leadership and empowerment and we take great pride in solving the big problems that others can’t. If it can be done we can find a way.
We believe in operating as a team, both among ourselves and alongside our partners. And we believe in pushing our potential to its very limit.
After all, we did not get to where we are now, nor will we succeed in the future, by being unambiguous or complacent. For us, Every Mission Matters.
What You Can Expect From Us
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes an annual bonus, employer matched pension scheme of up to 12%, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with options to buy/sell 5 days per year, company funded life cover of 3x salary and income protection scheme as well as a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme. In addition, we offer a wide range of additional benefits through our Cobham Choice Benefit Portal covering Health & Wellbeing benefits, Insurances, Cycle Scheme, Gym Flex, Technology Scheme and discounted Retail Vouchers to name a few.
If successful, you will be required to pass a criminal record check and a security clearance.
Working at CMS Wimborne
Click Here to watch a video to see what we do and hear from colleagues what life is like at our Wimborne site.
Check out our website and our LinkedIn page to find out more.