Due to an extensive growth program with Cobham Mission Systems have an exciting opportunity for a Material Handler.
The purpose of this role is to perform the administrative/physical tasks involved in the receiving, storing and tracking of parts, supplies and equipment, to manage the kitting, deployment and distribution of inventory necessary to support the business and accurately pick stock items in accordance with the outgoing paperwork ensuring conformance to the customer’s requirements.
This role is based from Wimborne, Dorset.
As a Material Handler, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Experience of working in a warehouse environment as a material handler –Aerospace industry preferred but not essential
- Ability to operate warehouse lifting and moving equipment
- Prior experience conducting cycle counts & physical inventory
- Ability to lift and move material up to 60lbs.
- Current fork lift certification is desirable but not essential
- Ideally have despatch experience (packing, paperwork, export regulations etc.)
- Attention to detail
As a Material Handler, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Picking stores inventory in line with sales order and works order requirements
- Deploying inventory directly to shop floor, kanban, or kit locations as required
- Updating the ERP system accordingly to maintain stock accuracy and integrity
- Manual and assisted handling of material into the correct location.
- Conducting accurate stock checks and cycle counts in accordance with Business Unit policy and Standard Operating Framework (SOF) best practice.
- Maintaining quality, batch control and traceability of all parts
- Executing kitting tasks in response to shop floor demand signals
- Identifying and controlling all non-conforming materials
- As required:
- Communicating with vendors regarding shipping status, receipts and Return Material Authorisations (RMAs).
- Preparing operational documentation relating to RMAs as required
- Maintaining and filing all Goods Received Notes (GRNs) and records of receipt
- Adequately package all orders for safe delivery to the customer.
- Unpack and check goods received against purchase orders or invoices
- Manage receipts for indirect purchases.
- To undertake any other duties, from time to time, as can be reasonably requested by the company.
About Cobham Mission Systems
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
We offer challenging and rewarding roles across a wide range of disciplines that combine to make us a true global technology and service leader.
Our ethos is rooted firmly in our history of innovation, leadership and empowerment and we take great pride in solving the big problems that others can’t. If it can be done we can find a way.
We believe in operating as a team, both among ourselves and alongside our partners. And we believe in pushing our potential to its very limit.
After all, we did not get to where we are now, nor will we succeed in the future, by being unambiguous or complacent. For us, Every Mission Matters.
What You Can Expect From Us
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes an annual bonus, employer matched pension scheme of up to 12%, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with options to buy/sell 5 days per year, company funded life cover of 3x salary and income protection scheme as well as a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme. In addition, we offer a wide range of additional benefits through our Cobham Choice Benefit Portal covering Health & Wellbeing benefits, Insurances, Cycle Scheme, Gym Flex, Technology Scheme and discounted Retail Vouchers to name a few.
Working at CMS Wimborne
Click Here to watch a video to see what we do and hear from colleagues what life is like at our Wimborne site.
Check out our website and our LinkedIn page to find out more.