Eaton, formerly Cobham Mission Systems has an ongoing need for Quality Inspectors at their Orchard Park, New York Facility. They will inspect purchased products and internally produced assemblies.
- Perform receiving, in-process, and final inspections on parts and products, including but not limited to mechanical and visual inspections.
- Work to approved inspection checklists, engineering drawings, purchase orders, work instructions and specifications.
- Utilize Non-Conforming Material Control process to document parts that do not meet specifications.
- Responsible for ensuring that Environmental, Health, and Safety are included as part of everyday activities.
- An Associate’s Degree OR four years of mechanical inspection experience along with 2 years of experience with mechanical and visual inspection of machined parts and assemblies.
- 2 years of experience using business class software in a professional employment setting.
- Ability to interpret Engineering Drawings, Workmanship Standards, Military and Federal Specifications, and basic GD&T; (Basic Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing).
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of support personnel, including but not limited to, Associates, Supervision, Management and Engineers.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Lean Six Sigma knowledge.
- ASQ Mechanical Inspector Certification.
- Computer, communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills; organization and time management skills.
As a contractor with the Federal government, Eaton is subject to the Executive Order mandating COVID-19 vaccination. As permitted by applicable law, the candidate(s) hired under this posting must provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines, or request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation exempting them from the requirement. Vaccination status will not be verified until after an offer of employment is provided, and candidates may also request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation at that time.
Cobham Mission Systems’ values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham Mission Systems is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham Mission Systems to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham Mission Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobhammissionsystems.com/career.
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobhammissionsystems