Eaton Mission Systems formerly Cobham Mission Systems is seeking a Quality Engineer for our Orchard Park, New York facility. The ideal candidate will be responsible for Quality Engineer responsibilities along with the ability to provide quality function expertise. They will establish stakeholder relationships that foster a positive partnership, facilitate resolution of customer issues and provide technical support during the life cycle of assigned products. In addition, they will offer support and knowledge of quality philosophies and disciplines to internal and external customers in the coordination of quality improvement efforts.
- Lead cross-functional corrective action and/or continuous improvement teams in significant quality activities or programs.
- Deploy significant quality expertise to provide tangible benefit to the organization (product cost, quality, metrics etc.)
- Utilize the latest quality, problem solving techniques and best working practices.
- Lead, liaise with and coordinate other quality team members to ensure all relevant Quality metrics are recorded utilized and appropriate to their purpose.
- Ensure proper handling of non-conformities and customer complaints, assuring root causes are clearly defined and corrective actions are put in place and accomplished and necessary documentation is properly prepared and distributed
- Lead Quality issue investigation and resolution using problem solving techniques
- Identify, develop and implement systems that will assure product conformance to specifications.
- Work within the organization to execute changes and improvements to the quality management system.
- Support Failure Mode avoidance activities (PFMEA/ DFMEA etc.)
- Create and control of PPAP/ISIR documentation for internal and external parts.
- Provide mentoring and training support for new Quality Engineers and Quality Engineering Technicians.
- Responsible for ensuring that Environmental, Health, and Safety are included as part of everyday activities.
- A bachelor’s degree, or related with manufacturing experience
- A minimum of five years demonstrated manufacturing experience.
- Advanced computer skills using MS Office applications such as Word and Excel.
- Ability to work effectively ina team environment
- Proven organizational, communication, leadership, performance management, continuous imporovement and problem solving skills.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics).
- Proven experience specifying test chambers, equipment and/or performing selection and oversight of suppliers providing Test capability.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic systems.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Skills: organizational, communication, leadership, personal computing, performance management, continuous improvement and problem solving.
- Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing certified.
- Knowledge of material certification testing.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer
As a contractor with the Federal government, Eaton is subject to the Executive Order mandating COVID-19 vaccination. As permitted by applicable law, the candidate(s) hired under this posting must provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines, or request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation exempting them from the requirement. Vaccination status will not be verified until after an offer of employment is provided, and candidates may also request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation at that time.
Cobham Mission Systems’ values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham Mission Systems is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham Mission Systems to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham Mission Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobhammissionsystems.com/career.
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobhammissionsystems