- Lead Auditor, Aviation
- Audit and investigation role
- 6-month contract
As the largest provider of contract aviation services in Australia, Cobham is able to offer market-leading solutions to its clients and challenging and unique opportunities to its employees.
We save lives and protect national interests.
Our Special Mission business provides border surveillance services under contract with the Australian Border Force utilising highly modified DHC-8 aircraft. This is the World’s largest outsourced civil maritime surveillance operation, patrolling Australia’s 15 million square kilometre Exclusive Economic Zone. We also provide fixed wing search-and-rescue response capability over land and sea on behalf of the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA). We designed, integrated, commissioned and now operate a fleet of Challenger jets that contain some of the most sophisticated, state-of-the-art technology ever to be integrated into a civil SAR platform.
We currently have an opportunity for Lead Auditor with a commitment to aviation safety performance and regulatory compliance within the Special Mission team. With a focus on operational safety, risk & safety education, this role partners with stakeholders to ensure that policies and procedures comply with business and regulatory requirements and align with industry best practice. This is an opportunity to grow your career in a dynamic business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Through the Safety Management System (SMS), actively support, promote and provide direction to staff on compliance with processes and procedures
- Undertake positive safety activities and initiatives to ensure continual improvement of the SMS and QMS
- Assist in developing and implementing topical and regular safety campaigns, publications, training and activities
- Conduct audits and investigations into safety incidents and prepare reports with recommendations and remedial actions
- Conduct continuous improvement activities to support the SMS and QMS
- Planning, management, delivery, completion and compliance of assigned audits in accordance with the MOE and PM
- Maintaining Maintenance Personnel’s understanding of the MOE and to drive the implementation and application of the MOE system through Engineering to ensure compliance with relevant CASR and CAR
- Ensure remedial, corrective and/or preventive actions issued by the Safety & Quality Department are resolved, carried out and implemented in a timely manner
- Liaise as necessary with responsible AMO and CAMO Suppliers, Subcontractors, Manufacturers and Manufacturers’ representatives
- Ensure conformance to the FRMS
- Ensure compliance with Engineering WHSMS policy and procedures
- Support and promote the SMS, QMS and a Just Culture
- Perform any other duties as directed by the SQM
- Provide analysis, advice and support to investigators and auditors
- Ensure compliance with all safe working procedures and policy requirements
- Assist the SQM with producing monthly and quarterly reports and trend analysis
- Conduct Ad-hoc projects and tasks as determined by the Safety and Quality Manager (SQM)
Skills and Experience
- Understanding of Safety Management Systems and the CASA SMS and Pt 145 framework
- Lead Auditor qualification in Quality Assurance, Safety Auditing or similar
- Lead Investigator qualification
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment
- Experience in the development and facilitation of training programs
- Previous operational experience in the aviation industry in either a CASR Part 145 Approved Maintenance Organisation (AMO) or CASR Part 42 Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisation (CAMO)
Cobham Aviation Services is headquartered in Adelaide and our Special Mission business operates the world’s largest outsourced surveillance operation and has search-and-rescue capability across nearly 10 per cent of the earth’s surface. In addition, our Regional Services business operates services nationally across Australia.
All applicants must be an Australian citizen and be able to hold and maintain an Australian Government and Australian Border Force security clearance.