career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse
projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company
that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement?
Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that
values YOU? Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced
electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers,
innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging
problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in
defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
to the Director of Program Management and supporting the Radar and Electronic
Warfare (EW) Microelectronic Solutions Business Area (BA), the Deputy Program Manager
will support the primary Program Manager and interface with customers, providing a single point of contact throughout
the life of the contract, including monitoring the development and delivery of
the product. Additional responsibilities include managing the program by
coordinating departmental or cross-functional teams while focusing on delivery,
monitoring projects from start to completion by planning and directing
schedules, and participating in design review meetings. The Deputy Program Manager
will also assist in monitoring cost, profitability and scheduling of product while
collaborating with staff across functional areas such as engineering, development
and production departments, and provide management and customer status updates
regarding financial and tactical progress.
- Submit, monitor and distribute internal and external program documentation requiring configuration management and approval.
- Create and implement successful program plans which proactively address risk and provide a high degree of confidence supporting contract deliverable requirements.
- Analyze cost and revenue performance of programs, providing revenue forecasts and ensuring projects are completed on time, within budget and profitability; prepare basis of cost estimates, provide pricing rationale and recommendations supporting quotations, proposals for follow-on contracts; monitor program schedule progress and profitability on a monthly basis; prepare monthly program financial reports for management review; manage Return Material Authorization (RMA) repair activity including cost and pricing.
- Develop accurate presentations and reports to support internal management and customer reviews; manage and execute new development programs in accordance with budget, schedule and technical objectives; leverage relationship with existing customers to identify new business opportunities; provide cost proposals and SOW leadership to the proposal team.
- Liaison to programs, including directing company resources to meet contractual requirements.
- Develop methods, procedures and work practices to systematize management practices across the program management group.
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices.
- Ensure 5S is adhered to and sustained within work area.
- Coordinate, schedule and facilitate as applicable Lean/Six Sigma activities for own work area as well as for other areas to enhance cross-functional problems solving; utilize Company tool champions as appropriate for more significant lean events.
- Develop, track and report visual metrics, including KPI’s for area; react to metrics by identifying and solving problems, making improvements and advancing process control.
- Develop and support teams that make suggestions, take initiative and actively implement improvements.
- Collaborate in team meeting and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
- Bachelors degree
- 2+ years of program or project management experience, to include managing programs or projects in a manufacturing environment
- US Citizenship required in order to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- RF/Microwave program management experience
- Lean Six Sigma training or certification
- PMP or similar certification, or completed training
- Defense or Government program management experience
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust,
Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in
state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our
innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to
apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. U.S. Citizenship
required for positions requiring a Security Clearance.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development,
delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air,
on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the
mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on
their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an
empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work,
and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces
diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide
equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their
compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a
reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment
process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobham.com and let us know the
nature of your request and your contact information.