A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Cobham is seeking a Program Manager III
to direct all phases
of programs/projects from inception through completion, and
participate in the negotiation of contract and contract changes. The
Program Manager will coordinate the preparation of proposals,
business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, and
financial terms/conditions of contract and act as primary customer
contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with
customers in coordination with internal team members to discuss
cost, schedule, and technical issues.
- Defines the objectives and strategies of the program, to
include strategic and company objectives consistent with
customer and contractual requirements.
- Develops and implements effective customer communications
plans to provide timely communications, represent the Voice of
Customer, build customer relationships, define customer
objectives, and manage customer satisfaction.
- Controls the timely start and completion of program tasks to
assure fulfillment of program cost and schedule objectives.
Makes effective use of Program Task descriptions (PTDs), program
memos, and directives, to formally communicate program direction
- Coordinates the program activities with cognizant support
functions. Assures the optimum utilization of manpower and
program resources. Assures effective management of subcontracts
and execution of the program material plan.
- Conducts regular reviews of program performance, evaluating
the current and projected status against the approved plan.
- Implements a proactive risk management process. Assures
regular team identification, mitigation planning and review of
program risks, both during the program-planning phase and
regularly during program execution.
- Measures and improves program performance through the
investigation of improved processes, tools, staff training,
facilities and team dynamics. Performs regular reviews of task
estimates, challenging the team to eliminate wasteful
approaches. Establishes a management reserve to provide
resources for unexpected program challenges.
- Implements an effective issues resolution process.
Assures regular team identification, action planning, closure
and review of program issues.
- Establishes an objective roadmap for creating new business
opportunities from the present program. Manages customer
satisfaction to assure a high rate of repeated business.
Participates in planning of company capital, IRAD, B&P;
resources. Trains program personnel to be alert to new
opportunities and equips them with "state-of-the-art" skills to
Preferred Experience and Key Success Factors:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of program management experience in manufacturing, operations, or engineering to include DoD program management OR a Master's Degree with 4+
years of same experience
- Experience managing $500,000+ US Defense related production
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Project or similar system
- Must be a U.S. Citizen eligible for a DoD Security Clearance
- Program Management experience with Antennas, Precision
Positioners, and/or RF/Microwave production programs within the
- Program Management experience directing production and
development programs from inception through completion.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering
- Experience leading proposal teams and developing proposals, participating in negotiations of contract and contract changes, and developing/managing business plans for assigned programs.
- Strong knowledge of DoD Program Management standards and operating procedures.
- People leadership: coach and mentor staff; ability to lead with integrity, honesty and trust; ability to deliver reliable, unique and leading edge solutions that exceed expectations; ability to act with energy, passion and responsibility; ability to collaborate to leverage and align all elements of the business; ability to inspire every employee to reach his or her full potential and achieve excellence
- PgMP, PMP, or other program/project certification
- Active DoD clearance
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a Security Clearance.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.Employment Transparency:
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.