Eaton Mission Systems, formerly Cobham Mission Systems has an ongoing need for Program Managers at our Orchard Park, New York facility. If you are interested in being considered for these roles please apply to this opening. The Program Manager will be responsible for leading and managing a program of multiple projects to deliver the agreed scope within planned quality, time and cost parameters to satisfy the specified requirements and drive for customer and stakeholder satisfaction. They will also motivate the whole team to deliver the business case and margins expected.
- Deliver program to agreed time, cost, quality and benefits parameters
- Direct, motivate and provide leadership for the project and broader program team
- Organize, coordinate and direct the program activities
- Ensure effective and open communication throughout the program team and with stakeholders
- Lead the project team planning efforts and resolve resource conflicts across projects
- Manage relationships with key customer personnel
- Direct the supply chain for the whole program
- Integrate the reporting for the program across all of the projects making best use of available PMO capabilities
- Integrate the outputs from the projects turning the capabilities into the required outcomes for the stakeholders
- Set up and operate the governance for the program
- Travel, 10 – 15%
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing Projects and/or Programs including one throughout the full lifecycle
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing $1MM - $20MM programs.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Program Management practices including work breakdown structure, scheduling, resource management, risk management, cost account management, cost estimating, and planning
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business discipline
- Proven success of on-time/on-budget project delivery
- Excellent leadership skills
- Goal orientation balancing task, team and individual needs to achieve the right outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal skills (communication, motivation, persuasion)
- Drive, enthusiasm, initiative and a willingness to develop
- Good facilitator/mediator able to resolve conflict
- Able to take corporate or ‘global’ view and deal with senior stakeholders
- An ability to develop project managers and increase their efficiency and effectiveness
- Commercially and contractually aware
As a contractor with the Federal government, Eaton is subject to the Executive Order mandating COVID-19 vaccination. As permitted by applicable law, the candidate(s) hired under this posting must provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines, or request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation exempting them from the requirement. Vaccination status will not be verified until after an offer of employment is provided, and candidates may also request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation at that time.
Cobham Mission Systems' Values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham Mission Systems is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham Mission Systems to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham Mission Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham Mission Systems to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham Mission Systems will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
As an equal opportunity employer, Cobham Mission Systems, is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Cobham Mission Systems’ career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by contacting CRT.NA@cobham.com
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobhammissionsystems.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobhammissionsystems