Imagine a future - where Internet connectivity knows no boundaries. Do you want to join one of the leading manufacturers of communication and satellite equipment on a fantastic transformational journey?
Cobham SATCOM A/S is currently looking for an Operations Project Manager. Cobham SATCOM is a global tele-communication company where the main purpose of our technology is to keep people safe and connected in the remotest areas both at land and at sea. Big tech companies trust us to help them bring Internet connectivity to remote communities, as we have what it takes to lead and deliver on the most ambitious communications projects. At Cobham SATCOM, our vision is to be the leader in remote connectivity, safeguarding and connecting people and ideas. This gives meaning to the work of our 500+ employees worldwide on an everyday basis. For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Cobham SATCOM truly has something special inside.
As a Project Manager in Operations, you will be responsible for all combined activities in Operations during new product development or during internal Operations projects. Responsibilities will also include all activities during product introduction at our external worldwide partners or transfer between our manufacturing facilities. You will be following the product from birth, through design phase, proto builds, release, outsource/transfer, maturation and handover to normal production. Collaborating across functional boundaries. One of the first projects you will be participating in, is a newly signed contract with Yahsat satellite communication system for land, maritime and aeronautical communication.
As our Operations Project Manager, you will be part of a team consisting of 4 colleagues. You will report into our Director of Manufacturing Engineering based in Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark, where this role is located as well.
As an Operations Project Manager, your key responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for planning, budgeting and full project management of all Operations related tasks projects in-house and towards external suppliers and manufacturers.
- You will track project budget during the development phase and secure stability, quality and yield of product before release to mass production.
- You will ensure DFx involvement from Operations in all product designs and secure required documentation for production, i.e., product assembly instructions and production tools are in place including prototype runs (FAI) at suppliers.
- In an environment where targets and scope tend to change, you will be navigating the team, the schedule and all the deliverables to ensure a project is on time and within scope.
As an Operations Project Manager, your qualifications should ideally be:
- Degree/certification in Project Management.
- Project management experience, +5 years is required.
- Experience in electronics and/or mechanical production is required.
- Experience with product release from NPI project to mass production.
- Experience with documentation for production, i.e., product assembly instructions, flow charts, production tools.
- Understanding of logistics.
- Understanding of product structures.
- Skilled IT user using various systems, particularly MS Excel and project management tools.
- English and Danish at a negotiation level – both verbal and written.
- Product lifecycle management.
Starting your career at Cobham SATCOM means that you will be surrounded by peers who are experts in their field where you can learn from the best and gain relevant skills to adapt to this continuously changing world. Being part of Cobham SATCOM opens up opportunities for you to gain both professional and personal development in our performance-oriented environment, where social interactions are highly valued. You will become a part of a diverse organization on a transformational journey, where no two days look the same, working in a culturally diverse organization where both performance and fun are key elements. You will become part of a company where you will work together with talented, helpful and fun colleagues who value teamwork and integrity.
Besides a competitive salary package, we care about our employees and offer lunch canteen, social events and societies (wine tasting, art club, Friday bar, music band), sport clubs (skiing, cycling, adventure race, badminton), paid fulltime health and accident insurance and a well-equipped fitness room. But, most importantly, we care about you becoming one of us.
Please be advised that successful candidates must be willing to present a criminal record check and go through the mandatory security clearance prior to commencing employment with Cobham SATCOM.
Cobham SATCOM is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
About Cobham SATCOM:
At Cobham SATCOM, we create, develop, innovate, and share the responsibility to fulfil our potential – both on a company and individual basis. We believe our culture of being highly innovated, our ability to continuously adapt to change, our capability to plan disciplined in connection to the demands and to foster a fun and inspiring work environment empowers us to achieve our ambitions. Join us and be part of bringing our inspiring projects to life. When connection matters you can count on Cobham SATCOM. It will be an exciting and rewarding journey so if you are up for a challenge we hope to hear from you.