A career with CAES is
more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse
projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company
that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement?
Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that
values YOU? Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced
electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers,
innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging
problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in
defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
We are seeking a Circuit
Card Operations Program Manager to lead interactions between
Operations and both customer and internal stakeholders. An initial
training period for this role will focus on understanding the manufacturing
processes and key inter-dependencies. It is anticipated that within 1
year or less this position will be actively and independently managing
programs. In this context, the Program Manager will act as primary
customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with
customers in coordination with internal team members to discuss cost, schedule,
and technical issues. The program manager will manage multiple
projects to deliver the agreed scope within planned quality, time and cost
parameters to satisfy the specified requirements and drive for customer and
stakeholder satisfaction. The position is located in Colorado Springs,
- Prioritization – Build priorities for manufacturing lines by soliciting and consolidating inputs from stakeholders
- Customer Liaison -Coordinate interactions between “Return to Green” customers and operations
- Delivery Plans - Track Execution of Build plan/delivery plans including RMAs
- Proposal Generation – ensure Operations inputs are accurate and on time
- Lead Times – Optimize lead times to achieve on time delivery targets
- Cost Optimization – Initiate and contribute to per unit cost reduction initiatives
- Program Manager
- Defines the objectives and strategies of the program or projects, to include strategic and company objectives consistent with customer and contractual requirements.
- Develops and implements effective customer communications plans to provide timely communications, represent the voice of customer, build customer relationships, define customer objectives, and manage customer satisfaction.
- Controls the timely start and completion of program tasks to assure fulfillment of program cost and schedule objectives.
- Assures the optimum utilization of labor and program resources.
- Assures effective management of subcontracts and execution of the program material plan.
- Conducts regular reviews of program performance, evaluating the current and projected status against the approved plan.
- Develops and Implements a proactive risk management plan in coordination with program/project teams.
- Assures regular team identification, mitigation planning and review of program risks, both during the program-planning phase and regularly during program execution.
- Establishes an objective roadmap for creating new business opportunities from the present program.
- Manages customer satisfaction to assure a high rate of repeated business.
- Ensure effective and open communication throughout the program team and with stakeholders.
- Set up and operate the governance for the program within life-cycle management framework.
- Manage program budgets
Occasional travel may be required to interface with customers, vendors, sales offices, etc.
- Bachelors degree in engineering or related technical field from a four year college or university
- 5+ years of demonstrated project, program, or team leadership skills in an internship or professional capacity
- US Citizenship required in order to obtain/maintain security clearance
- Proven success of on-time/on-budget project delivery
- Experience in program management and/or technical environment
- Experience with space systems, CCA and silicon development programs
- PMP Certification
- Agile development (scrum master, product owner, etc.) experience
- Experience managing programs using Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Experience with government-funded programs
- PMP Certification
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and high-velocity environment, and enthusiasm and willingness to develop program management excellence.
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills and comfort in presenting to a wide range of audiences from the engineering level to the executive level.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust,
Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in
state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our
innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to
apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. U.S. Citizenship
required for positions requiring a Security Clearance.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development,
delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air,
on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical
technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our
people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving
retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces
diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide
equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their
compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a
reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment
process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobham.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.