A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
This role reports to
the Director of Execution and Programs of the Integrated Space Solution (ISS) Business
Area and is a key member of the site’s Program Management team, driving high
standards of business performance through collaboration and coordination across
all functions within the site. The ideal
candidate is someone with strong experience in managing complex, fast paced
development and production programs. The
candidate must be a highly motivated and driven self-starter who has proven
leadership to work across functions in a matrix organization to optimize
performance and deliver on commitments.
Program Manager (OPM) is responsible to the Program Manager for execution
through Operations and will represent Operations on the Program Integrated Product Team (IPT). The OPM
will serve as the Control Account Manager for the Manufacturing Readiness IPT
and lead the first time build / transition from
engineering to manufacturing focusing in on DFMA based on product introduction
(NPI), design readiness, manufacturing readiness, material supply and capacity
requirements. The OPM will work with Value Stream Mapping (VSM) to ensure
production schedules are met and costs objectives are achieved.
Key responsibilities include:
- Represent the Operations function in the Proposal Kick-off meetings. Work with the Operations organization to develop a solution to meet cost targets and proposal time lines. Work with process groups to develop Basis of Estimates based on historical information or standards based on expert judgement.
- Working with the VSM and Operations Process Groups, identify potential risks and opportunities to deliver the proposed solution, and work with Operations to develop mitigation and realization plans, determine cost, and provide to the Program Manager.
- In collaboration with the VSM, brief the Operations Director and VP, Operations (as required) to gain approval on Operations proposal inputs. Participate in Bid Reviews as required.
- Lead the Cross Functional team to develop the product flow through manufacturing to achieve the product throughput and cost targets. Oversee the implementation of changes as required and developing work instructions to efficiently and effectively manufacture the product at each step in the manufacturing process.
- Chair the make / buy process. Work with Operations to develop cost estimates to manufacture sub-assemblies and/or top level assemblies internally. Work with Supply Chain to identify potential external sources and obtain estimates to manufacture sub-assemblies and/or top level assemblies. Develop business case and make recommendations to the Program Manager, Product Line Director, and Operations Director.
- Work with Operations Supply Chain organization on selection and qualification of new Suppliers.
- Lead a cross functional team of Engineering , Operations, Quality, and Supply chain to develop solution to replace obsolete part including form, fit, function part replacements or design changes.
- As the interface to Operations for the "front end" of the business (customer, contracts, PMO, and engineering), work with Operations Planning to track cost and schedule of material vs. budget and need, and coordinate the resolution for all Supply Chain issues across all functions (i.e. Customer, Engineering, Mfg. Engineering, Quality, Security etc.).
Monitor and Control
- Serving as the Operations Control Account Manager (CAM) and acting on behalf of the PMO, measure performance of product manufacturing against established plans for Schedule, Cost, Technical, and Quality performance.Work with the VSM and Value Stream Process Groups to determine root cause and corrective actions for all variances.
- Act as interface with Customer, PMO and engineering for any supplier activity requiring external approvals.As required, travel to supplier to perform surveillance audits and/or address performance issues.
Additional responsibilities in the areas of Risk and Opportunity Management, Quality, Customer Relations, and Continuous Improvement.
- 5+ years of program management experience, to include defense or aerospace manufacturing and experience in manufacturing operations
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft office/excel/project
- Bachelors degree in business or a technical field OR additional 2+ years of relevant experience
- US Citizenship required in order to maintain clearance eligibility
- Demonstrated strength in Program Management, Life-Cycle Management and Risk & Opportunity Management
- Proficient with developing integrated program plans specifying goals, staffing, scheduling, budgets, and identification of risks, contingency plans and allocation of available resources.
- Proven ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams with vision and to be decisive, influential and able to gain commitment to action
- Ability to simultaneously initiate, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer focus and demonstrated ability to build and manage relationships. Ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the customer community.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written)
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a Security Clearance.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobham.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.