A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
This position reports to
the Director of Programs of the Integrated Space Solutions business area and is
a key member of the site’s Program Management team, driving high standards of
business performance through collaboration and coordination across all
functions within the site. The ideal
candidate is someone with strong experience in managing complex, fast paced
development and production programs. The
candidate must be a highly motivated and driven self-starter who has proven
leadership to work across functions in a matrix organization to optimize
performance and deliver on commitments.
candidate will be responsible for managing projects that are of significant
complexity and value to ensure the projects are completed within prescribed
contractual requirements, time frames, and funding parameters. The candidate will take an active role in the
development of new opportunities for the Company’s various solutions and
offerings related to Integrated Space Solutions, and support strategic and
financial planning and optimization.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide proactive leadership of a multi-disciplined team and continually monitor program performance to ensure that customer requirements and financial, schedule, technical, and quality performance objectives are successfully executed
- Cultivate strong relationships with customers and the Company’s senior leaders to ensure all customer needs and shareholder expectations are met
- Align resource allocations, tailor process attributes and scope infrastructure capacity to support business area needs
- Ensure compliance with appropriate Company policies and procedures, especially those related to business execution and new business development
- Promotes and reinforces the principal of continuous process improvement with project team members
- Prepares project reports for management and customers, as appropriate
- 5+ years of program management experience, to include defense or aerospace manufacturing
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office/Excel/Project
- Bachelors degree in business or a technical field OR an additional 2+ years of relevant program management experience
- US Citizenship required in order to maintain clearance eligibility
- Proficient with developing integrated program plans specifying goals, staffing, scheduling, budgets, and identification of risks, contingency plans and allocation of available resources.
- Proven ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams with vision and to be decisive, influential and able to gain commitment to action
- Ability to simultaneously initiate, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer focus and demonstrated ability to build and manage relationships. Ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the customer community.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written)
- Demonstrated strength in Program Management, Life-Cycle Management and Risk & Opportunity Management
- Engaged leadership skills and the ability to influence,
shape and lead.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a Security Clearance.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobham.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.