A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Cobham is seeking a Project Manager to manage and administer the Bid and Proposal process to ensure on-time delivery of proposals that are compliant with customer, regulatory, and internal requirements. The Project Manager is responsible for day-to-day management of activities in support PMO proposal leads including; establishing proposal schedules and driving on-time action, allocating resources, tracking progress, and ensuring adherence to the proposal approval process. The Project Manager is accountable to oversee the timely results of multi-functional proposal teams, and gathering and reporting on metrics.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
- Responsible for the administering / coordinating proposal project(s) within REMS functions and supporting PMO proposal leads as necessary to ensure adherence to Cobham guidelines and compliance with Customer requirements.
- Responsible for proposal scheduling, assigning actions to functional groups, ensuring on-time delivery and quality of proposal inputs.
- Implement the proposal plan utilizing the tenets of proactive teamwork. Ensures the completion of tasks assigned to functional organizations. Assures effective execution of the proposal plan.
- Control the timely start and completion of project tasks to assure effective use of proposal budget.
- Review and understand proposal basis (RFQ, RFI, etc.) and related/supporting documentation (Statement of work, flow-downs, SCDs, etc.) to ensure final proposal product is comprehensive.
- Oversee and/or support the preparation of proposal submissions by examining the level of material and labor effort, burden rates, statement of work and other associated conditions with each proposal prior to management approvals.
- Participate in Proposal strategy, kick-off, pricing and approval reviews, at the Site and Sector levels as necessary. May participate in audit activities and customer negotiations.
- Evaluate program progress and provide status reports to internal management as needed.
- Conducts regular reviews of program cost, schedule, repair status and technical performance, evaluating the current and projected status against the approved plan.
- Maintains an effective working relationship with management and provides timely communication of schedule and technical issues on assigned projects.
- Implements an effective issues resolution process. Assures regular team identification, action planning, closure and review of project issues. Develops and implements recovery plans.
- Maintains accurate records of project data, deliverable items, and material.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required for the effective completion of assigned projects, compliance with corporate policies and procedures, and achievement of business objectives.
1. Collect, create, analyze and report program management data;
2. Performs work of independent nature and moderate to high complexity.
· Four-year college degree, in business, marketing or engineering plus a minimum of three years’ experience managing proposals. Able to interface with customers, and all functional departments. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including SharePoint. Must be a U.S. Citizen eligible for a DoD Security Clearance.
- Experience with managing contracts from US Government agencies, such as DLA, and major DoD prime contractors
- Active DoD Clearance
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. In order to be eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a US Citizen.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobham.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.