A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Cobham’s EW and Integrated Solutions (EIS) is a leading supplier of
integrated RF solutions and high power, solid state broadband
transmitters for EW and Radar applications and antennas and
precision positioners both for standalone aperture and positioner
requirements as well as integrated sensor systems across many high
performance applications. The EIS business is experiencing
exciting growth and is recruiting an Engineering Project Coordinator
to join our team in our Lansdale, PA facility. The Engineering
will perform project scheduling, resource
planning and analysis to support program forecasting and execution
across all engineering functions through the entire product
lifecycle. The engineering team is very strong, encompassing over
100 engineering professionals including systems, software, RF, power
amplifier, antenna, mechanical, reliability, test and other
engineering specialties, located in Lansdale as well as across
several other sites.
This role reports to the EIS Director of Engineering. The
candidate must possess a strong programmatic background, analytic
skills and be fluent in MS Project, MS Excel with a knowledge of
engineering development projects. The ideal candidate will have
experience establishing and maintaining projects schedules and
resource plans covering multiple projects through all product
phases. Previous employment in a company providing military and
defense electronic solutions is preferred. This person must have
excellent communication skills and be able to work well within a
matrix organization to drive operational excellence and improvement
in business performance.
- Establish and maintain schedules for multiple projects in MS
Project for the engineering organization. The resources to be
coordinated in these schedules will include personnel,
engineering tools, key capital equipment and any special
- Generate and maintain resource-loaded schedules with rollups
for resource forecasting, program execution, and production
support that align with business performance objectives, Key
Performance Indicators (KPIs) and continuous improvement
- Perform data collection and reporting for Key Performance
Indicators (KPIs) related to schedule performance, resource
utilization and execution.
- Participate in business performance improvement efforts
related to engineering program estimating and execution from
concept, business capture, development, low-rate introductory
production (LRIP), production readiness, and production support.
Key Measures / Milestones:
- Fluent in MS Project with experience in managing dependencies
of multiple product development projects executing at various
lifecycle stages simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to generate and present schedule
forecasts and resource plans utilizing data from multiple
sources to multi-disciplined.
- Ability to effectively work with teams to generate and
maintain detailed, dynamic product development schedules and
resource plans with summarized roll-ups.
- Proficient in MS Excel with demonstrated ability to
programmatically and efficiently collect, filter process complex
data from multiple sources and presenting concise summaries.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, employing
diplomacy, confidence and tact; assertive without antagonism or
alienation; objectively presenting data and recommendations for
- Good work practice/ethic, self-motivated, and reliable.
Demonstrated ability to deliver on-time and work well with team
- Ability to work in line with Cobham’s SPIRIT values,
exhibiting exemplary behavior and emotional intelligence
- Attaining engineering business performance excellence goals
- Engineering resource utilization, scheduling, forecasting,
data collection, analysis and reporting
- Three (3) years of experience working within an engineering
organization developing, maintaining and presenting multiple
engineering project schedules simultaneously.
- Three (3) years of experience working in a high-mix
environment (multiple product lines).
- Three (3) years minimum experience working with MS Project
managing multiple projects.
- Three (3) years Excel expertise.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
- Experience as Project Manager
- Experience with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
programming with Excel.
- Experience presenting and preparing PowerPoint presentations.
- Experience managing a common shared resource pool in MS
Project supporting multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with data mining, reporting and maintenance of
- Proven track record with continuous improvement achievements
in engineering organizations.
- Working knowledge of LCM, Stage-Gate methodology and Lean
- Certification in Lean 6-sigma methods
- Experience working in and driving results in a matrix
- Active SECRET security clearance
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareers@cobham.com