Imagine a future - where Internet connectivity knows no boundaries. Do you want to join one of the leading manufacturers of communication and satellite equipment on a fantastic transformational journey?
Cobham SATCOM is looking for a Project Manager within the R&D department.
Cobham SATCOM is a global tele-communication company where the main purpose of our technology is to keep people safe and connected in the remotest areas both at land and at sea. Big tech companies trust us to help them bring Internet connectivity to remote communities, as we have what it takes to lead and deliver on the most ambitious communications projects. At Cobham SATCOM, our vision is to be the leader in remote connectivity, safeguarding and connecting people and ideas. This gives meaning to the work of our 500+ employees worldwide on an everyday basis. For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Cobham SATCOM truly has something special inside.
In this position, you will be responsible for planning and executing all project deliverables for programs in the technology centre. You'd report into the PMO Director and interface with a wide range of stakeholders within the program.
You will drive results by setting directions, driving decisions, managing execution, identifying and resolving challenges before they turn into problems. Milestones, schedules, cost management and risk analysis are your go-to tools in this effort, and you are able to adjust and maintain overview when priorities change.
On a day-to-day basis, you will support your project team in their daily efforts to solve technical challenges on time. You will be overall responsible for the entire project, in close collaboration with the Program Director and Project Managers from other departments at SATCOM, you will ensure that projects are able to deliver through the right capabilities and planning. You succeed by applying a style of collaboration and creation of ownership among team members.
This role is based at our Headquarters in Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark.
Some fully expensed travel between the two locations will be required as part of the role.
As a Project Manager, your key responsibilities will be:
- Deliver project to agreed time, cost and quality parameters.
- Direct, motivate and provide leadership for the project team.
- Organise, coordinate and direct the project activities.
- Manage risks and issues proactively.
- Ensure effective and open communication throughout the project team and with stakeholders.
- Lead the project team's planning efforts and identify resource requirements based on agreed scope.
- Manage relationships with key customer personnel.
- Manage and deliver the required product (s) for each project, phase or stage motivating the supply chain.
- Manage the tracking, updating and reporting progress and or variance on all aspects of the project to include financials (EAC), project plans (IMS), work breakdown structures (WBS), project risk registers and Project Governance framework adherence with project reporting calendar to both internal and external customers.
- Seek to minimise the effects of change ‘scope creep’, ensure changes are formally processed applying contract variations as needed.
As a Project Manager, your qualifications should ideally be:
- Ideally have a degree in Electronics Engineering or similar in terms of experience.
- Experience in complex project management within electronics projects.
- You have previously managed projects with regulatory requirements and process demands, and know what it takes to deliver on both short and especially long-term goals.
- Strong knowledge of the functional disciplines and supply chain that require management.
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of PPM techniques.
Starting your career at Cobham SATCOM means that you will be surrounded by peers who are experts in their field where you can learn from the best and gain relevant skills to adapt to this continuously changing world. Being part of Cobham SATCOM opens up opportunities for you to gain both professional and personal development in our performance-oriented environment, where social interactions are highly valued. You will become a part of a diverse organization on a transformational journey, where no two days look the same, working in a culturally diverse organization where both performance and fun are key elements. You will become part of a company where you will work together with talented, helpful and fun colleagues who value teamwork and integrity.
Please be advised that successful candidates must be willing to present a criminal record check and go through the mandatory security clearance prior to commencing employment with Cobham SATCOM.
Cobham SATCOM is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
About Cobham SATCOM:
At Cobham SATCOM, we create, develop, innovate, and share the responsibility to fulfil our potential – both on a company and on an individual basis.
We believe our culture of being highly innovated, our ability to continuously adapt to change, our capability to plan disciplined in connection to the demands and to foster a fun and inspiring work environment empowers us to achieve our ambitions. Join us and be part of bringing our inspiring projects to life. When connection matters you can count on Cobham SATCOM. It will be an exciting and rewarding journey so if you are up for a challenge we hope to hear from you.