Cobham Mission Systems have an exciting opportunity for a Production Project Manager.
Responsible for leading and managing one or more production based projects to deliver the agreed scope within planned quality, time and cost parameters to satisfy the specified requirements and drive for customer and stakeholder satisfaction. Motivating the whole team to deliver the business case and margins expected. Managing new business opportunities, delivering bids and proposals in tight timeframes to meet the customer need in a competitive market.
This role is based from Wimborne, Dorset.
We are able to offer flexible working arrangements, such as working remotely with attendance on site on an agreed basis as required.
As a Production Project Manager, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Qualified to deliver projects up to medium exposure to risk.
- Ideally have 5 years+ experience of managing multiple projects including one throughout the full lifecycle
- Experience delivering production line based projects to strict deadlines
- Experience of bid management in competitive market
- Experience of managing projects of similar size/scope of the same or similar functions and technology, with proven delivery track record.
- Strong knowledge of the functional disciplines and supply chain that require management
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of PPM techniques
As a Production Project Manager, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Deliver project(s) to agreed time, cost, quality and benefits parameters
- Organise, coordinate and direct the project activities
- Ensure effective and open communication throughout the project team and with stakeholders.
- Lead the transition from opportunity capture, through development of solution and into production.
- Manage relationships with key customer personnel
- Direct the supply chain for the project
- Integrate the outputs from the projects turning the capabilities into the required outcomes for the stakeholders
- Set up and operate the governance for the program
- Co-operate with management to meet the employer’s legal duties and take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions
About Cobham Mission Systems
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
We offer challenging and rewarding roles across a wide range of disciplines that combine to make us a true global technology and service leader.
Our ethos is rooted firmly in our history of innovation, leadership and empowerment and we take great pride in solving the big problems that others can’t. If it can be done we can find a way.
We believe in operating as a team, both among ourselves and alongside our partners. And we believe in pushing our potential to its very limit.
After all, we did not get to where we are now, nor will we succeed in the future, by being unambiguous or complacent. For us, Every Mission Matters.
What You Can Expect From Us
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes an annual bonus, employer matched pension scheme of up to 12%, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with options to buy/sell 5 days per year, company funded life cover of 3x salary and income protection scheme as well as a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme. In addition, we offer a wide range of additional benefits through our Cobham Choice Benefit Portal covering Health & Wellbeing benefits, Insurances, Cycle Scheme, Gym Flex, Technology Scheme and discounted Retail Vouchers to name a few.
If successful, you will be required to pass a criminal record check and a security clearance.
Working at CMS Wimborne
Click Here to watch a video to see what we do and hear from colleagues what life is like at our Wimborne site.
Check out our website and our LinkedIn page to find out more.