A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets. These solutions include radio frequency antennas and apertures, digital receivers, integrated microwave assemblies, and motion control solutions.
In July 2019, Cobham plc agreed to be acquired by Advent
International and the deal closed in January 2020. Following the acquisition,
Cobham’s Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES) business will be managed as stand-alone company and immediately re-positioned for accelerated top and
bottom line growth.
With Advent’s sponsorship, CAES
will initiate an enterprise value creation program with initiatives that will
include growth levers (go-to-market, pricing, key account
management) as well as ops improvement levers (procurement, operational
improvement, product portfolio rationalization, supply chain optimization,
lean, working capital) – and concurrently hire a Transformation Director to
help lead this program. The
Transformation Director will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day driving / tracking of the key transformation initiatives that
will increase the company’s value. The Transformation Director will
report to the Chief Transformation
Officer of the business and be headquartered remotely within geographic
proximity to CAES sites on either the West coast (e.g., San Diego, San Jose,
Colorado Springs, Dallas) or East coast (e.g., Philadelphia, Long Island,
Washington DC, Boston).
Domestic travel of 25% - 50% of the time required.
Key responsibilities include:
Governance. Lead a company-wide transformation program that
ensures the execution of the strategy and performance goals. Systematically
dissect and deploy the strategy as executable deliverables with accountable
owners across the leadership team and ensure adequate resourcing. Establish
measurable KPIs and OKRs for each deliverable that are directly linked to the
financial performance and are cascaded into team goals. Build and facilitate a
system of reviews and accountability that provide real time insight into the
performance of the company. Orchestrate root cause analysis of performance
issues and ensure action intervention. Understand and support strong change
management approaches that engages people and develops talent. Prioritize where
time is spent across the enterprise to ensure teams are aligned and targets are
met, leveraging the CEO to identify the most critical areas of focus.
Initiative Management. Provide hands-on execution
leadership of strategic initiatives, either through personal project management
or the leadership of key partners and service providers. Use data-driven
analytics and root-cause analysis to build fact-based
decision models while coaching others to do the same. Link project-level
financials to company P&L; through active partnership with the finance
organization. Provide proactive resourcing and investment solutions that will
solve problems, improve output, and accelerate time to impact. Apply professional
project management techniques, within the frame of the governance process.
Build project management tools and methods that are repeatable across the
organization and establish a network of internal experts to support the spread
of their use.
Communication. Provide regular reports and
scorecards on progress being made against initiatives and targeted results for
each. Report to executive team, board, and PE sponsors on project status,
resource management, and planning for future work initiatives.
Partnering. Work collaboratively and
collectively with the Senior Executive team on key initiatives and business
priorities. Partner with Business Area General Managers and leadership teams to
understand their business and offer opportunities for increased efficiencies
and value creation. Support the coordination and communication of the
transformation plan, ensuring alignment with key stakeholders and linkage to
Key success factors include:
- Leadership experience in an industrial or product manufacturing environment of similar scale and complexity
- Experience delivering results through complex and cross-functional improvement programs, including but not limited to operational efficiency and cost-out
- Superior advisory, relationship, and stakeholder management necessary to drive change in high growth, investor-backed environment
- Bachelors or Masters degree in finance, business, or a technical field
- 8+ years of professional experience in manufacturing, operations, supply chain, and other operations functions to include leading multi site, enterprise wide initiatives, including large scale programs requiring change management via a systematic approach/governance process
- US Citizenship required in order to obtain/maintain a security clearance
- Experience operating in the Aerospace and Defense sector
- Experience at a top tier consulting firm
- Naturally inclusive and collaborative across a full range of internal stakeholders/levels; track record of breaking down silos; Demonstrated ability to manage and lead by influence as an individual contributor; actively seek out and promote collaborative thinking and problem solving
- Inclination to invite, challenge, and explore new ideas while understanding and communicating the risks to the organization
- Ability to challenge status quo when/where necessary and pivot style to produce results, e.g., reporter/partner/driver, depending on stakeholder engagement and nature of challenge
- Collaborative and able to work effectively with stakeholders across a broad multi-site matrixed organizational environment
- Demonstrated confidence and self-control, particularly when dealing with conflict; as well as demonstrated flexibility and an ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Expert financial, quantitative, and analytical skills; able to baseline and track operational KPIs; demonstrated track-record drawing accurate conclusions from diverse quantitative and qualitative data and then developing actionable business solutions
- Able to work in a fast-paced, private-equity sponsored environment
- Functional expertise in manufacturing, supply chain, and other operations functions; experience with site rationalization, supply chain optimization, and operations cost take-out
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a Security Clearance.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.