A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Interface with internal/external customers, providing a single point of contact throughout sustainment activities for the Mexico factory, for production products and assemblies that have transferred to the Mexico factory in Tijuana; manage the production by coordinating departmental or cross-functional teams while focusing on the delivery to support the San Diego production lines; monitoring cost and OPE for profitability and scheduling of product; collaborate with staff across functional areas such as engineering, manufacturing, supply chain and quality departments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
1. Monitor and Facilitate Mexico’s production flow by conducting regular reviews of program cost, schedule, quality and technical performance, evaluating the current and projected status against the approved plan.
2. Liaison to SD Teams, including supporting production meetings and (internal) customer requests. To ensure timely communication of information and resolution of issues, eg. schedule changes, status of work, and requests for priority changes.
3. Create and implement successful projects, which proactively address risk and provide a high degree of confidence supporting contract deliverable requirements and project objectives.
4. Develop accurate presentations and reports to support internal management and PMO product reviews.
5. Develop methods, procedures and work practices to systematize management practices across the Transition Project group.
6. Ensures the completion of tasks assigned to functional organizations. Assures effective execution of the program material plan.
7. Develop, track and report visual metrics, including KPIs for Mexico; react to metrics by identifying and solving problems, making improvements and advancing process control.
8. Develop and support teams that make suggestions, take initiative and actively implement improvements.
9. Perform other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
• Two (2) years of progressively responsible in a fast-pace manufacturing environment, including solid leadership with a RF/Microwave program management environment; proven success in managing projects through production material control/scheduling, engineering principles, manufacturing Bachelor of Science in Business or Electronics, required;
• Must be a U.S. Citizen eligible for a DoD Security Clearance
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Travel Requirements: 10% travel to Mexico Facility.
• Ability to use Enterprise Resource Programs such as SAP.
• Bilingual (Spanish) speaking
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. In order to be eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a US Citizen.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobham.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.