A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Reporting directly to the CNI and Interconnect Solutions (CIS) Business
Area (BA) VP/GM located in Exeter NH, and operating as a member of a cohesive
Leadership Team, the Site Lead - Huntington Beach Product Line has P&L; & Site responsibility for all Huntington
Beach product lines. Operations include the engineering, manufacturing, and testing of antenna product lines. Primary focus areas will be to drive operational leadership, Site
Management, customer engagement and profitable growth for the site. This is expected to be accomplished through
effective development and execution of thoughtful business strategies and a
strong commitment to talent and organizational development. The role operates within a matrixed
organization and will be required to collaborate with peer functional
leadership and with other CIS sites to deliver expected results by building on
the base strengths of the heritage Trivec Avant business to accelerate
Travel of up to 25% expected.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Huntington Beach site for management and performance.
- Complete P&L; responsibility for the Huntington Beach site, including forecasting and achievement; lead, direct, and coordinate business activities to achieve and increase sales; leverage enabling technical trends to solve customer problems and rapidly assemble internal and external capabilities; and obtain optimum Operations efficiency to deliver exceptional customer results and maximize profits.
- Ensure reporting is timely and mandatory.
- Manage, meet and exceed customer expectations by building enduring customer relationships.
- Participate in Business Area (BA) strategic planning activities and implement actions at the site level to realize strategic growth goals aligned with the overall BA vision.
- Coordinate and prepare strategic and tactical business plans in concert with the goals of the BA, reporting on all revenue and bookings targets, operational budgets, KPIs, and criteria for monitoring program progress and measuring success.
- Expand the business by creating and/or supporting new ideas and by building and motivating its team.
- Collaborate with BA and site functional leadership to define organization and people strategies that deliver results, ensuring a high-performing culture.
long-range and short-range resource planning to achieve financial
commitments and address critical workforce capabilities.
- Advocate for the operation of safe and healthy workplaces for employees and the community by serving as sponsor of all S|H|E (Safety, Health and Environmental) policies and practices.
- Ensure compliance with relevant Federal, State, Local and International regulations (Export & ITAR Regulations) as well as operational compliance with CAES and Cobham mandatory trainings, policies and procedures.
- Develop a continuous improvement (CI) culture to deliver year-on-year profitability and revenue improvements.
- Broaden CI into business processes in order to optimize and change current ways of operating.
- Operate with the highest level of integrity and ethical behavior and ensure all employees within the sites do so as well.
the business to develop new opportunities and expand the existing product
lines with our customers.
coordination with BA Executive management and Leadership Team. Will serve as a member of the BA
Leadership Team. Partner with BA and site Functional Leaders; Sales,
Finance, HR, etc. to develop shared goals that support the LRSP and
business objectives, initiatives and directives.
- Provide recruitment / hiring direction for all sites’ functions, in collaboration with Functional Leadership, including the Business Areas / Engineering / Quality /
- Program Management / Human Resources / Operations staff. Review staffing plans against business needs and staffing recommendations.
- Review and approve all significant technical and cost proposals, including all staffing plans, financial transactions and contractual decisions, in close collaboration with the relevant site, functional and BA leaders.
- Advocate and champion company initiatives and directives, in efforts to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- US Citizenship required to obtain/maintain security clearance
- 8 - 10+ years of senior business leadership experience in Manufacturing, Operations, and/or Engineering, to include responsibilities in the following: Production programs in a government contracting environment in technology, manufacturing, aerospace, or defense, and Responsibility for improvement in cost, productivity, quality/manufacturing processes, on time delivery, and continuous improvement
- Master’s or MBA degree
- Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations, or related field of study
- Defense/Aerospace or related industry experience
- Proven experience influencing "positive change" management, creating and/or supporting new ideas and motivating teams to realize strategic growth goals
- Experience leading cross-functional teams in a strongly matrixed environment
- Complex operations problem solving ability, in concepts such as factory loading, quality, inventory management, and factory scheduling
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a Security Clearance.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.