A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Cobham is seeking a highly motivated Finishing Specialist III
The Finishing Specialist III performs finish coat applications using
multi stage aerospace materials via spray or brush in accordance
with Mil-Spec requirements where high-grade finishes are essential.
The Finishing Specialist III applies polyurethane and epoxy paints
as well as aviation specified materials to surfaces of machined or
manufactured products used in the avionics and aerospace industries.
The position requires meeting unusual specifications for finishing
requirements that necessitate the mixing of paints to achieve the
specified criteria. This position is located in Lansdale, PA.
- Conduct painting assignment under the direction of a team
leader or Sr. Finishing Specialist.
- Works independently from blueprints and process specifications
on applications where tight thickness tolerances are measured in
terms millimeters and are difficult to meet. Often works with
engineering personnel to determine and calculate experimental
- Determines the type of finish, quantity and color to be
utilized in conformance with military specifications. Selects
proper method, equipment and tools to complete task.
- Ensures proper surface preparation and masking, mixing epoxies
and solvents to appropriate ratios by weight, volume or
viscosity, incorporating knowledge of scales and weights and how
- Mixes and applies a wide variety of paint finishes such as
polyurethane, epoxy, and plastic-based products to specific
colors, consistencies and viscosities requiring a thorough
knowledge and understanding of their qualities in order to
experiment with and achieve desired effect.
- Tests drying, curing and baking times for specified finishes.
Adjusts temperatures according to atmospheric conditions, finish
requirements and experimental bake times.
- Regulates spray gun and ventilates spray booth according to
temperature and humidity requirements.
- Calculates requirements if methods are being tested.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
- Ability to perform performing repetitive, detailed work.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as a Painter/Finishing Specialist
within the avionics/ aerospace industries.
- Experience performing finish coat painting in accordance with
Mil-Spec specifications where high-grade finishes are essential.
- Experience reading and interpreting Mil-Spec drawings and
- Knowledge of EPA usage and waste disposal regulations.
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be
eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which
requires USA Citizenship
- Preferred 10+ years’ painting/ finishing experience within the
avionics/ aerospace industries.
- Experience in the Aerospace, Auto or Marine Manufacturing
industry preferred; preferences given to those with experience
in the preparation and painting of composite or manufactured
piece parts used in avionics and aerospace applications.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of paint booth
- Experience using measuring cups, scales and industry standard
- Knowledge with a PC windows environment
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.