A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Education and/or Experience:
- Test, calibrate, and repair of test and measuring equipment,
electrical and mechanical, to conform to established standards.
Plans sequence of testing and calibration procedures for
instruments and equipment according to drawings, schematics,
technical manuals, and other specifications.
- Set up standard and special purpose laboratory equipment to
test, evaluate, and calibrate other instruments and test
- Identify and correct measurement errors, as applicable;
prepare calibration reports and certificates.
- Disassemble instruments and equipment, using hand tools, and
inspects components for defects.
- Measures parts for conformity with specifications, using
precision mechanical and electrical test instruments.
- Work from assigned schedules, track work progress, complete
documentation and database entries.
- Assist in removal of test equipment from test racks,
documenting connections and reassembling test equipment when
calibration is completed.
- Assist with troubleshooting of equipment.
- Develop, document and maintain calibration systems and
procedures, based on principles of measurement science,
technical analysis of measurement problems and accuracy and
- Tracks movement of Government property in the facility and
assist with locating customer assets during inventory. Provides
reports to customers on a periodic basis and works with
accounting to assure customer property is accounted for.
- Minimum Associate’s degree in Electronic Technology or
technical trade school/certificate education equivalent OR
minimum three years of calibration experience or minimum three
years of RF/Microwave technician experience. On the job
experience with calibration is highly preferred.
- Must be able to perform general math and algebra functions.
- Knowledge of quality standards for test and measuring
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills.
- Basic computer skills and proficient in use of MS Word and
- Familiar with computer programming for instrument control
- Strong attention to details.
- Must work well with a team and be able to work independently
with a minimum of oversight from supervisor, be able to follow
- Ability to lift and move heavy electronic equipment.
- US Citizenship required along with the ability to obtain and
maintain Secret Clearance.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.