A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
The Equipment Engineering Technician performs a variety of
activities in support of Integrated Circuit or Circuit Card
manufacturing operations. Primary function to install, maintain, or
repair equipment and systems associated with IC and circuit card
manufacturing, through high quality workmanship and a commitment to
customer satisfaction. Support functions to include engineering and
manufacturing support, sustaining engineering activities, and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to the engineering staff.
- Provide technical, equipment, and hardware support for
- Development and maintenance of documentation including
specifications, procedures, forms, and training material.
- Troubleshoot and drive resolution of equipment issues.
- Update and maintain process work instructions.
- Support, mentor and train manufacturing operations staff.
- Research (via Internet, etc.) for necessary supplies or
equipment upgrades/repairs needed and generate purchase orders.
- Conduct weekly clean up requirements for personal areas (desk
and workbench) and R&M; shop area.
- Complete necessary documentation (via computer) related to
daily activity time tracking, time reporting, Visual, equipment
down time tracking, and maintaining equipment logs.
- Works effectively with internal and external customers.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with peers,
customers, and management in verbal and written
- Works with customers as needed to answer questions or resolve
process related issues in a timely manner.
- Process improvement projects.
- Willing to work in a clean room environment.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- This role has no direct supervisory responsibilities; however,
direction and mentoring of less experienced technicians may
occur as required.
- An Associate’s Degree from a two year college or technical
school or equivalent experience.
- Applicable maintenance experience and/or training with
semiconductor or circuit card assembly, environmental, and test
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Government Security
- Must be a proficient user of Microsoft Office software.
Budgeting and Fiscal Responsibilities:
- The ability to obtain and maintain a government security
clearance is required.
- Order equipment and supplies as needed.
- Personal computer
- Equipment associated with semiconductor and circuit cards
assembly and test.
- Must be proficient with a variety of electrical test equipment
including oscilloscopes, multi-meters, and other equipment as
- Attire as appropriate for the work environment including
electro-static discharge (ESD) smock, protective eyewear, and/or
assembly cleanroom attire and as defined by controlling
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.