A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Cobham is seeking a Master Scheduler. The Cobham Master Scheduler’s
primary focus will be to translate the business plan into a
comprehensive manufacturing schedule to satisfy customer demand.
This individual must have experience with MPS/MRP systems. (M2M
experience a plus) They need to have excellent communication skills,
advanced Excel skills, and exceptional data analytical skills to
insure the plan supports the overall business goals.
- Coordinate a Strategic Master Production Plan consistent with
manufacturing capacity, customer orders and sales forecast.
- Define and implement balanced production plans and level
- Conduct initial capacity planning overviews utilizing customer
expectations, internal supply and production constraints, sales
forecasts and new business opportunities.
- Conduct plan analysis, recovery opportunities, New Product
Introductions, End of Life strategies, inventory projections and
- Review the relevant customer commitments and performance
- Assure alignment between MPS and Sales Order/Contract
- Coordinate material availability analysis for proposed
- Forecast (aggregate) demand for the business unit; monitor
Manufacturing and Supply Chain workloads and capacities; produce
a MPS to control and pace both internal production and external
supply chain. Providing these analyses to the weekly SIOP
- Monitor actual output versus MPS, identify gaps and drive
- Monitor accurate ERP data (BOMs, product structure, routings,
lead-times). Act as the custodian of ERP for the business unit.
- Strong collaboration with Individual Product Teams,
Operations, Sales, Customer Service, Planning and Supply Chain.
- Interfaces with all functions at all levels in creation and
maintenance of schedule data including activity status gathering
in status meetings.
- Support SIOP process meetings to review service levels,
performance against schedule, inventory strategy, plan to meet
demand, and resource implications.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
- Bachelor’s degree and/or seven (7) years Master Scheduler
experience or five (5) plus years of applicable experience
working as a planner, production scheduler, production control
or buyer within a technology company (ideally
- Some Project Management experience.
- Experience in standard enterprise resource planning (ERP).
- Experience with problem solving and analytical thought needed
to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations.
- Experience working with financial and time sensitive
- Experience in manufacturing planning, master production
scheduling, product definition, inventory control, materials
requirements planning, capacity requirements, shop floor
control, warehouse management, transportation and purchasing
- Selected applicant may be subject to a government security
investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for
access to classified information.
- Advanced Excel spreadsheet experience (pivot tables,
V-lookups, and conditional formatting as well as complex
- Excellent verbal/written communications and interpersonal
- US Citizen.
- Experience in Aerospace or Defense Industries.
- Project Management, CPM or CPIM certification
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.