A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
The Planning Supervisor’s primary focus and responsibility is to
supervise and maintain all activities related to aligning the
Planning department resources to support revenue goals and
objectives. Manage Work in Process (WIP) from lot start through
finished goods. The Supervisor is responsible for driving
manufacturing work orders to ensure uninterrupted flow of materials
to the production areas. The Supervisor is also responsible for
coordinating Kaizens to continually drive improvements and remove
wastes from processes. They are also accountable for developing and
ensuring the teams are adhering to processes in an effort to
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as conduit between Planning Team and others within the
- Oversee daily operation of the Planning team.
- Ensure timely scheduling of work orders and follow up on
scheduling issues, ensuring delivery (OTD, Revenue, and Quality)
performance goals are met.
- Develop standardized processes to eliminate waste.
- Ensure planners are reviewing and updating all data elements
associated with the plans for every part.
- Continuous Improvement / Lean:
- Introduces, motivates and coaches continuous improvement
with department team and processes.
- Work with CI team to ensure processes are being implemented
and maintained by material control team.
- Provides assistance in support of the safety strategy to
reduce work related injuries.
- Conducts safety meetings and performs SHE Management Walks
to help maintain a safe working environment and
reduction/elimination of potential injuries.
- Promotes a safe working environment.
- Performs all job functions in a safe manner and maintains
- Reports known accidents, injuries and unsafe practices or
conditions to SHE manager.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education Experience
- Oversee daily operation of the Planning team.
- Create and implement development & performance plans for
- Conduct performance reviews in a timely fashion and give clear
and honest feedback.
- Partner with Human Resources to drive compliance with
established procedures/policies, develop existing talent, and
address potential employee relations issues.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Supply Chain Management
- Five (5) years’ work experience within the Planning field is
- Excellent verbal, written and public speaking skills.
- Strong conflict resolution, problem solving and interpersonal
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel and
- Class A ERP experience preferred.
- Experience implementing and maintaining lean principles and
- Proficient in the full suite of Microsoft Office™ products -
Excel, Word, Visio, Power Point, Project.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.