Eaton Mission Systems formerly Cobham Mission Systems is seeking a Manufacturing Technician I for their Orchard Park, New York facility. The Manufacturing Technician is responsible for performing assembly and test procedures on aerospace hardware. Development of hardware, creating functional test setups, working with various high pressure gases, and initiating engineering collaboration to successfully deliver quality aerospace components and systems. The Manufacturing Technician communicates and coordinates with the Production Supervisor regarding specific production needs (part availability, equipment, production status and scheduling updates) to ensure on-time delivery. They perform assembly and testing of production hardware within the confines of the systems and procedures and the certified operator system.
- Perform manufacturing processes following written instructions under close supervision.
- Basic knowledgeable in standard manufacturing practices and the use of common assembly tools.
- Perform work on production hardware following detailed instructions and raise concerns about product quality or safety to Production Support Technicians and Production Supervisors.
- Ability to perform standard product testing using dedicated test equipment and following written acceptance test documents.
- Document test results on data sheets or record test data in electronic data collection system.
- Verify calibrated equipment, material with expiration dates and written instructions are up to date and accurate prior to use in production.
- Properly manage the traceability of numerous components to ensure assembly accuracy.
- Work in partnership with all Manufacturing Technicians and Engineering function to Identify improvement opportunities, resulting in a decrease of lead time, cost savings, elimination of waste, or safety improvement
- Obtain and maintain Certified Operator Status following site guidelines
- Responsible for ensuring that compliance with Environmental, Health, and Safety standards are met in the areas you are working.
- A High School Diploma or GED and at least 1 year of manufacturing experience OR 1 year of relevant military experience OR 1 year of relevant experience
- Must be a US Citizen or a Permanent Resident
- An Associates degree in Mechanical/Electrical Technology
- Assembly & Test experience in a Clean manufacturing environment
- Some knowledge of electrical equipment 9I.e. power supplies, ohm and volt meters, oscilloscopes and data acquisitions systems
As a contractor with the Federal government, Eaton is subject to the Executive Order mandating COVID-19 vaccination. As permitted by applicable law, the candidate(s) hired under this posting must provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines, or request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation exempting them from the requirement. Vaccination status will not be verified until after an offer of employment is provided, and candidates may also request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation at that time.
Cobham Mission Systems’ values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham Mission Systems is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham Mission Systems to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham Mission Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobhammissionsystems.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobhammissionsystems