Eaton Mission Systems, formally Cobham Mission Systems is seeking a Continuous Improvement Engineer II that will work with a dynamic team at our growing Davenport, Iowa facility. The successful candidate will work as part of a dynamic development team to advance plant-wide Continuous Improvement objectives. Will serve as a change agent and assist management by studying and sharing best practices with other teams and by leading teams and projects using a variety of Continuous Improvement and Lean methodologies.
- Utilize advanced Continuous Improvement methodologies in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, & Root Cause Analysis, along with basic tools, such as, A3 reporting, 5 Why analysis, 5S, etc.
- Develop Continuous Improvement toolkit and operating fundamentals
- Drive Kaizen events and continuous improvement efforts
- Improve customer satisfaction by helping the division reduce cost and lead-time while improving quality and service
- Work closely with functional teams to identify adverse trends and systemic issues in order to ensure accurate root-cause analysis and to determine areas of culpability
- Develop actions to focus programs on these areas to drive measurable improvement
- Work closely with Quality teams to ensure an appropriate level of assistance is provided in creating or modifying procedures, work instructions, and templates to institutionalize Corrective and Preventive Actions
- Work closely with Training resources to train and motivate associates in the use and implementation of Continuous Improvement principles
- Advance program through necessary evolution to drive a true Continuous Improvement culture and engrain associated behaviors in the organization
- Reduce waste and drive best practices across the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or related technical degree
- 3+ years’ experience in Continuous Improvement efforts using Lean process methods and tools, across multiple functions of the business
- 3+ years in a lean manufacturing environment
- 3+ years participating in Continuous Improvement projects
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 2+ years’ experience leading Continuous Improvement efforts using Six-Sigma process methods and tools, across multiple functions of the business
- Successful project management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to relate to diverse teams and functions
- Demonstrated effective and professional presentation techniques and skills
- Strong leadership, team building, and motivation skills
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, and to take a proactive and aggressive goal-setting approach in developing a Lean culture
- Comfortable working with multiple departments
As a contractor with the Federal government, Eaton is subject to the Executive Order mandating COVID-19 vaccination. As permitted by applicable law, the candidate(s) hired under this posting must provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines, or request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation exempting them from the requirement. Vaccination status will not be verified until after an offer of employment is provided, and candidates may also request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation at that time.
Cobham Mission Systems' values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham Mission Systems is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham Mission Systems to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham Mission Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham Mission Systems to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham Mission Systems will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
As an equal opportunity employer, Cobham Mission Systems, is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Cobham Mission Systems’ career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by contacting CRT.NA@cobham.com
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobhammissionsystems.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobhammissionsystems