Cobham Mission Systems is seeking a Quality Manager – This candidate will work for a dynamic team in a fast-paced, aerospace and dense manufacturing facility. This position is located Davenport, IA.
- May manage the functions of quality assurance, or quality control department, including verification of product quality, development/maintenance of quality procedures and work instructions, and corrective action programs
- Develops policies and plans for department
- Investigates and responds to supplier and customer inquiries or complaints
- Provide technical support for suppliers as needed to perform direct and root casue analysis (DMAIC or equivalent process)
- Design, develop and maintain a supplier scorecard process to monitor delivery performance, responsiveness and quality performance. Measure suppliers’ compliance and conformance meets Cobham’s drawings, specifications, procedures and standards
- Facilitate and/or collaborate with Cobham organizations and suppliers supporting Advanced Component Quality Planning (ACQP), Control Plan Interfaces with quality regulating organizations
- Administers direct supervisory responsibilities for personnel including selection, hiring, training, performance evaluations, promotional recommendations and schedule
- Provides guidance and keeps employees informed of policies and operational change
- Participates in a teamwork approach to achieving goals with particular emphasis on eliminating waste contributing to an increase in process cycle times
- Provides technical leadership, training and support to employees, manufacturing teams, quality teams, supply chain teams, strategic suppliers and peers
- May administer audits
- May process rejections and witness tests
- Performs all operations according to prescribed safety and environmental principles
- Identify and effect change to reduce risks of harm and minimize waste and resources used
- Communicate to employees, visitors and customers that health and safety and a concern for the environment are values for Cobham
- Ensure the implementation Cobham S|H|E Policy, Zero-Harm Strategy and overall effectiveness of business unit S|H|E policy and procedures
- Ensure operations are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and Cobham practices for health, safety and environmental protection
- Maintains and support quality programs to include audits, Prepares budget and capital appropriations
- All other related duties as assigned
- Methodology (CPM), Corrective Actions / Preventative Actions (CAPAs), Continuous Improvement
- Ensure uninterrupted and efficient flow of optimal quality materials, products, and services utilizing dock-to-stock (supplier point of use), certified strategic suppliers such as Designated Supplier Quality Representatives (DSQR), vendor managed inventory (VMI) and Supply Chain pull system
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- 5+ years Quality Engineering experience
- 5+ years supervisory/managerial experience
- Ability to analyse and solve problems
- 5+ years experience in DMAIC principles and use of associated tools
- 5+ years ISO 9001:2008/AS9100 or Mil-Std experience
- Do to export compliance, must be a US Citizen or lawful Permanent Resident of the US
- 4+ years Supplier Quality Engineering experience
- 2 + years in GD&T;
- 2+ years Project Management experience Trained Internal Auditor
- ASQ CQE
- Trained in SPC
- Tooling Calibration
- Inspection methods
- Quality related experience in a design and manufacturing environment
- Strong project management skills (Gantt and PERT charts).
- Strong problem-solving skills (DOE, DMAIC, Fish Bone, process maps, SIPOC).
- Effective organizational, prioritizing, time management, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of quality systems, corrective action planning (8D), supplier corrective actions (SCARs), corrective actions (CARs), Statistical process control (SPC).
Cobham Mission Systems' values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham Mission Systems is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham Mission Systems to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham Mission Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham Mission Systems to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham Mission Systems will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
As an equal opportunity employer, Cobham Mission Systems, is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Cobham Mission Systems’ career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by contacting CRT.NA@cobham.com
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobhammissionsystems.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobhammissionsystems