Cobham is seeking a Principal Electrical Engineer to support RF Product Engineering. In this position you will work in a highly motivated team environment to develop and manufactures advanced microwave and millimeter wave subsystems, hybrid modules and components for defense and government customers. You will also support the manufacturing and continuous improvement of microwave and RF subsystems. To meet our customers’ exacting requirements, the Product Engineering team plays a critical role in our success. This role is in San Jose, CA and there is no relocation available.
• Evaluate hands-on resolution of technical issues that affect product yield or throughput.
• Interface technically with suppliers, analyze field return failures, and apply root cause problem solving
• Drive continuous product improvement projects.
• Project lead new product introduction teams.
• Maintain daily communication with the production team and ensure all technical issues are being addressed.
• Participate in customer visits and teleconferences.
• Develop and maintain documentation.
• BS in Electrical Engineering and 15+ years of experience or a MS in Electrical Engineering with 10+ years’ experience.
• 15+ years’ directly-related Product Engineering experience with RF/microwave circuits and knowledge of microwave circuits, including amplifiers, filters, frequency multipliers, high power limiters, oscillators, switches, and mixers.
• 8+ years of engineering team work driven by highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
• This position requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a US DoD Security Clearance.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobham.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.