A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Ensures all processes, equipment and supporting systems operate to their maximum effectiveness, within specified safety and cost constraints, and that all products are of the desired quality; performs evaluations and analysis of process related to issues of basic complexity in electronic systems and assemblies;
Essential Functions and Duties:
• Maintain methods, operation sequence and optimize processes in the manufacture or fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies.
• Create all aspects of development, documentation and production support from concept through sustaining activities.
• Expand and implement concepts, including Lean Manufacturing, etc., to reduce manufacturing cost and increase process throughput; evaluate new materials and supplies in use based on project scope.
• Collaborate with all levels of engineering and drafting staff in the development of new ideas; reviews current documentation and develop Engineering change Orders (ECO) as required.
• Prepare reports, publishes and makes presentations to communicate findings.
• Ensure compliance to design contract specification and schedule.
• Participate in safety training and comply with safety policies and practices.
• Collaborate in team meetings and LEAN activities, including SET Team support as appropriate.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Employees are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment. Employees are responsible for cooperating with all aspects of the safety program. All employees are expected to demonstrate proper safety behaviors, including reporting any unsafe conditions or safety violations to a supervisor or manager. Employees are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the Cobham goal of zero accidents and injuries.
• Applies manufacturing principles and practices to specific processes; re-writes processes to correct errors;
• Interacts with outside vendors and companies as necessary based on project scope; makes presentations to communicate engineering findings.
Basic Job Qualifications:
• Associates Degree and 5+ years related experience or (10) years of related experience with strong working knowledge of electronics manufacturing, including all phases of product development cycle, design for manufacturing assessment and producibility.
• Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read, interpret and comprehend complex written technical publications; communicate across organizational levels; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities;
• Computer skills: working in a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Power Point, Excel and Word software programs at an advance level;
• Math & Analytical skills: mathematical skills; review and compare data to identify inconsistencies and determine priorities; ability to collect, analyze and summarize information to a general understanding; ability to think abstractly and separate complex ideas into simple elements;
• Time Management and Organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality; work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information;
• Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions; ability to work independently and as a team member.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareers@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.