Join our highly skilled San Jose team to develop and manufacture advanced microwave and millimeter wave subsystems, hybrid modules and components for defense electronics customers.
- Proficiency in at least two of the following skills; wire bonding, gap welding, eutectic die attach, epoxy attach.
- Be able to handle devices, and other small components using tweezers under a microscope.
- Work independently, take ownership for your quality and actively learn to make continual improvements.
- Participate in meetings, make suggestions and work with your team to meet daily production goals.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area
- Ability to work under a microscope 8 hours per day.
- Effectively communicate in English and read work instructions.
- Knowledge of MIL-STD criteria preferred.
- At least 3 years of hybrid or chip and wire assembly experience.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with team members.
- Ability to use tweezers and other small hand-tools
- Basic computer skills for documenting defects and time charging
- Attention to detail and ability to carefully follow written and verbal instructions
- Experience using automated assembly equipment
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. In order to be eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a US Citizen.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.