Primary responsibilities include any of the following activities related to the receiving, storing, receiving inspection and/or shipping of materials or finished goods: ensures materials are received from proper vendors, that they are delivered to inventory, and that finished goods are packaged according to specification and shipped in a timely manner. Reviews receipt of all materials to ensure purchase orders are open and the quality of materials received is correct. Ensures the security and accountability of materials and goods through world class inventory control practices. Ensures on-hand materials are available to meet production schedules and/or products are shipped as per marketing schedules. Establishes and modifies operational methods and procedures. Maintains documentation to reflect the effectiveness and efficiency of department activities. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
· As outlined in “Supervisory Responsibilities”.
Shipping & Receiving/SCQA/Receiving Inspection/Material Center:
· Act as conduit between all Materials value stream teams and others within the Site.
· Oversee daily operation of the Shipping & Receiving, Receiving Inspection, SCQA, and Material Center teams.· Ensure timely processing of inbound as well as customer shipments, ensuring delivery (OTD, Revenue, and Quality) performance goals are met.
· Manage and control all on hand materials to support the manufacturing process including development and ownership of the processes, kitting, and planning.Develop standardized processes to eliminate waste.
Continuous Improvement / Lean:
· Introduces, motivates and coaches continuous improvement with department team and processes.
· Work with CI team to ensure processes are being implemented and maintained by material control team.
- Provides assistance in support of the safety strategy to reduce work related injuries.
- Conducts safety meetings and performs SHE walkabouts to help maintain the goal of zero lost time accidents.
- Promotes a safe working environment.
- Performs all job functions in a safe manner and maintains safety awareness.
- Reports known accidents, injuries and unsafe practices or conditions to SHE manager.
A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Supply Chain Management or Logistics experience.
· Relevant work experience within the logistics field is required.
· Experience leading a Shipping and/or Receiving team is strongly preferred.
· Excellent verbal, written and public speaking skills.
· Strong conflict resolution, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
· Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Commercial small package shipping experience preferred.
· Experience implementing and maintaining lean principles and concepts preferred.
· Demonstrated leadership & teamwork skills.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobham.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.