Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
The plater/metal finisher will
support all areas of Cobham that require plating. They will help in many areas from
maintaining the plating baths to masking and rigging of product. The
plater/metal finisher will need to possess the willingness to learn different
processes and work in different departments. The process operator will support
additive manufacturing and 3D printing.
- Plating metals onto
different base materials as required to meet drawing requirements.
- Document results of plating by
completing process reports. This will include thickness reading, adhesion
and visual inspections.
- Analyze and maintain all cleaning
chemicals and plating baths by making required additions.
- Maintain all record related
to chemical analysis and additions.
- Ability to change chemical
cleaning baths. This will include the ability to move 55 gallon drums.
- Support the plating process
with masking and rigging of work as needed.
- Support additive
manufacturing and 3D printing areas.
- High School diploma or GED
- 1+ yrs experience basic
knowledge of the plating process and chemicals.
- Must be a US Person due to
- Basic computer skills
- Ability and willingness to learn specific processes related to metal finishing.
- Fit assembly parts onto fixtures and gauges following verbal and written instructions.
- Have basic knowledge of plating/metal finishing processes equipment.
- Mechanical hand-eye coordination and good basic math skills are required.
- Knowledge and use of inspection equipment such as Vernier calipers and height gages is a plus but not required; but must be willing and able to learn.
- If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobham.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.