Cobham is seeking an RF Technician to work at our San Jose, CA facility. The RF Technician’s responsibilities are focused in the area of circuit testing in support of shipping schedules. The RF Technician will support production activities within a group concentrating on advanced microwave subsystems for applications including missile front ends, radar receivers, wideband tuners and synthesized sources. Duties include RF circuit testing, circuit card testing, subsystem testing, collecting and reviewing test data and providing feedback to manufacturing engineers on production products.
10% differential for 2nd shift.
· Work in a production environment to perform RF testing and basic tuning on multi-function thin film microwave integrated circuits (MICs), microwave subsystems and/or circuit card assemblies and carefully review data for compliance. May perform basic troubleshooting.
· Carefully follow production documentation and processes, including keeping detailed records of testing and rework performed.
· Actively participate in daily production meetings and regularly interface with manufacturing engineers.
· High School Diploma required
· Certificate or Technical degree in Electronics, Electronics Technology, Engineering Technology or similar preferred
· Good manual dexterity and experience/willingness to work using a microscope and small hand-tools, such as tweezers and probes
· Good written and verbal skills and ability to carefully follow written instructions
· Computer skills are required for this position including: file manipulation, file organization, accessing and launching various programs, and basic Microsoft Excel.
· Familiarity with microwave test equipment including: network/spectrum analyzers, signal generators, power supplies, power meters and DVMs is a plus
· Prefer electronics certificate or technical degree
· US Citizenship required along with the ability to obtain and maintain Secret Clearance
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. In order to be eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a US Citizen.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.