Cobham is seeking a mechanical and solder assembler to work at our San Jose, CA facility. The Assembler’s responsibilities are focused in the area of mechanical box builds and hand soldering per IPC 610. The Assembler will support production activities within a group concentrating on advanced microwave subsystems for applications including missile front ends, radar receivers, wideband tuners and synthesized sources.
· Work in a production environment to provide mechanical assembly support on complex microwave subsystems, meeting daily output goals established by your lead.
· Work in a production environment to build circuit card assemblies. This includes manually soldering both surface mount and through-hole components and the application of conformal coating after soldering.
· Carefully follow production documentation and processes, including keeping detailed records of rework performed.
· Actively participate in daily production meetings.
High School Diploma and at least 3 years’ experience working as a mechanical/solder assembler in a production environment.
· Ability to use small hand tools such as tweezers and torque drivers and experience working under a microscope.
· Ability to solder small surface mount and through hole parts. IPC 610 certification a plus.
· Good written and verbal skills and ability to carefully follow written instructions.
· Basic computer skills are required for this position including ability to complete online training, email, and computerized time-keeping.
· US Citizenship required along with the ability to obtain and maintain Secret Clearance.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. In order to be eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a US Citizen.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.