Under limited supervision and with an emphasis on safety and Cobham SPIRIT values, perform a variety of manual assembly tasks, from periodic to frequent, and from simple to complex, related to the assembly and inspection of electronic circuit card assemblies and the next level hardware.
Primary activities include hand-soldering Surface Mount Technology (SMT) components, installing, removing and replacing thru-hole components without board damage, soldering wires and cables and identifying assembly and documentation issues. A high level of dexterity is required to manipulate and position extremely small (.020 x .020) devices using hand tools such as hand soldering irons, tweezers and hot air re-flow equipment. Assembly knowledge and skill level must meet or exceed IPC and NASA standards for space grade circuit card assembly.
- Strong work ethic required.
- Hand soldering and mechanical assembly experience required
- Competent in hand-soldering techniques to be sufficient for rework and repair.
- Ability to use a microscope while performing soldering work for extended periods.
- Experience in micro soldering Integrated Circuit (IC) chips and other SMT components using hand-soldering irons and hot air reflow equipment.
- Advance soldering rework skills of printed wiring boards.
- Perform SMT rework, removing and replacing SMT components without damage, while inspecting operations to ensure quality of product.
- Perform rework/repair of internal product to ensure Printed Circuit Boards (PCB) are reworked to the required customer and industry standards.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Training to industry standards (IPC, J-Std, NASA, etc) preferred
- Must be able to work in a dynamic and constantly changing environment
- Must have flexibility in work hours, limited overtime may be required
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, required
- Must have ability and willingness to interact with Production Control, Quality, and Engineering on a daily basis
- Able to assemble and inspect circuit card assemblies with the aid of a microscope (training on site)
- Very good eye-hand coordination required
- Must be able to read and comprehend complex work instructions, drawings and parts lists
- Previous/Active certifications and experience with NASA 8739 and/or J-STD-001 Space Addendum preferred
- Familiarity with industry-standard adhesives and bonding highly desired
- Simple equipment maintenance and upkeep tasks
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. In order to be eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a US Citizen.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.