Cobham is seeking am Entry Level highly motivated Manufacturing Engineering Intern that will be responsible for supporting Operations in a fast-paced work environment and providing engineering guidance on design solutions that will help meet our customer needs.
Typical responsibilities include creating and maintaining process documentation, inspecting and assessing defective hardware, maintaining production fixtures and tools, optimizing production flow to meet program deliverables, and supporting the production function on technical issues that arise. This position is located in Lansdale, PA.
- Establishes and maintains production routings and detailed assembly work instructions.
- Supports production by resolving technical issues with engineering.
- Support new product introductions thru engineering design reviews and production implementation.
- Assists in the monitoring of daily production activities and recommends/implements product and/or process improvements to enhance the efficiency of operations.
- Evaluates capacity requirements for assembly tooling, fixtures, and equipment to support manufacturing operations.
- Assists/Leads in equipment and production floor layout activities to promote an efficient flow of product and minimize production lead times through various assembly operations.
- Practices continuous improvement methodologies including lean manufacturing, root cause problem solving, value stream mapping, etc. to improve production efficiencies and key performance metrics.
In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship (not necessary for summer intern)
- Currently enrolled in an accredited engineering program leading to earn a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Aerospace or Electrical Engineering) with graduation date no later than June 2022.
- Current GPA is at least 3.00
- Experience with MS Suite (Word, Excel, and Power Point), SolidWorks, AutoCAD or similar experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Some Experience working in a manufacturing environment through project work, part time assignments or Internship in a manufacturing environment
- Aerospace or Defense Experience
- Electro-Mechanical product experience
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing techniques and principles
All applicants must be a U.S Citizen or U.S Person as defined by ITAR (a lawful permanent resident or someone who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)). In order to be eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a US Citizen.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. In order to be eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a US Citizen.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobham.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.