A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a bright future.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
The Materials Analyst is a detail oriented, self-motivated, result driven individual who strives to grow and develop within the Planning organization. The Materials Analyst is responsible for driving maturity of the Site’s SIOP (Sales, Inventory, Operations, Planning) process. Individual must be able to maintain strong relationships with various departments to include Business Areas, Finance, Planning, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Procurement. The Materials Analyst possesses strong analytic as well as verbal and written communication skills. Within a fast paced environment, the Materials Analyst should be able to multi-task, be flexible to changing priorities while maintaining a positive attitude. This individual will be familiar with Cobham’s products and flows, be a team player, and engage in forward looking behaviors. This individual must possess a can do attitude to include motivation, innovation, and problem solving, as well as a desire to improve current practices and procedures. The Materials Analyst should understand the mission, vision, and goals of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead and facilitate the sites SIOP process.
• Preparing and presenting Demand and Supply data required for monthly reviews.
• Analyze deltas between requirements and available capacity and coordinate actions for gap closure.
• Improve ERP utilization & effectiveness across all Operations value streams.
• Establish clear and robust metrics to measure progress through process improvements for SIOP.
• Analyze the full inventory (WIP, Raw Material, and Finished Goods) and provide the monthly forecast.
• Mature Site’s Plan for Every Part (PFEP) process.
• Manage scrap and E&O (excess and obsolete inventory – WIP, Raw Material, Finished Goods).
• Back-up others within the Planning organization as needed.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ability to coordinate efforts with Teams outside of Production Control.
• Works well under limited supervision.
• Ability to handle problems of varying complexity.
• High degree of analytical abilities, both data as well as processes.
• Must be well organized, a problem solver, and work well under pressure.
• Five (5) years’ work experience within Supply Chain OR 2+ years’ SIOP experience.
• Excellent verbal, written and public speaking skills.
• Strong conflict resolution, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
• Proficient computer skills including Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
• High level of experience within an ERP system, Visual is preferred.
• Experience implementing and maintaining lean principles and concepts
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. In order to be eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a US Citizen.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobham.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.