A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Under limited to no supervision, the Quality Assurance Technician
performs a variety of complex equipment calibrations in
support of the manufacturer and testing of electronic products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Capable of directing and coordinating work activities with
other team members. Keeps supervisor advised of
- progress, interruptions, material shortages, or other work
- Capable of performing operations in one or more of the
quality function areas; Incoming evaluation, In-line
- monitors/audits, end-of-line inspections or audits, or
end-of-line Quality Conformance Inspections
- Assist with training other personnel in all phases of the
responsible work areas
- Capable of supporting implementing a SPC control chart.
- Assist in the performance of audits of production and quality
operations and systems to assure compliance to the
- documented procedures and customer specifications.
- Assist with corrective actions to quality procedures to assure
closure of noted deficiencies.
- Communicate with other technicians and engineers such that
resolution of problem areas can be addressed and
- Performs duties in support of product quality and productivity
such as setting up log sheets, logging activities,
- plotting trend charts, etc.
- Maintain knowledge in the use of the UTMC computer
systems to generate data and reports on the Quality
- Assurance functions.
- Support troubleshooting and repair of equipment under area
responsibility; familiar with theory of operation.
- Write and sustain equipment operation and product inspection
documentation used by Quality Assurance.
- Assist with coordination of customer source inspections.
- Compile data pack documentation in meeting customer
requirements and review documentation to meet customer
- Perform specialized functions on a project basis rather than
routine support of metrology functions. May involve
- collection and analysis of data applying a broad knowledge of
functions, operating methods and policies on the
- engineering organization and the Company
Budgeting and Fiscal Responsibilities:
- High School Education with minimum of 4 years’
experience. Or an Associate’s Degree (AS) from a two year
- technical college/school.
- Prepare purchasing and capital equipment requisitions for
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Government Security
- Security Clearance may be required.
- Must be a proficient user of Microsoft Office software
and knowledgeable in calibration routines and calibration
- equipment tracking software.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.