A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Coordinates and expedites flow of material, parts and assemblies
within or between departments in accordance with production and
shipping schedules. Investigates the cause of critical material
shortages and schedule delays and initiates action to ensure that
work progresses on schedule,. Locates needed material, has damaged
material repaired, arranges for in-house material transportation and
determines how shortages will affect schedules. Keeps departments
informed about completion dates, material changes or substitutions
and schedules modifications. Maintains and communicates shortage
lists for all phases of procurement and manufacturing.
Production Related Activities:
- Material Related Activities
- Responds to requests for material. Works from computerized
reports, BOMS, engineering drawings, engineering change orders
and verbal or written instruction to identify material
- Monitors material flow from order to delivery. Maintains and
monitors production movements throughout the focus factories.
- Utilizes mainframe applications such as Oracle, Discoverer,
SFW, PDM and TIPQA to perform daily tasks.
- Performs material movements throughout the day, ensuring
delivery between internal production departments are made in a
- Packages and moves large assemblies, utilizing hand tools,
pallet jacks, and forklifts.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Maintains job progress and status records and notifies
supervisor of impending delays or serious difficulties,
recommending proper corrective action to be taken.
- Responds to material shortages due to lost, damaged or
defective material in order to prevent work stoppages in area of
- Maintains accurate records and provides regular reports on the
status of material Production Planner and Operations Management.
- Ensures that engineering change orders affecting parts and
material are incorporated into products by effective date.
- Performs more complex material related duties as directed by
Production Planner and/or management personnel, including some
of the duties associated with junior Production Planning
- Routinely moves parts around facility utilizing company van to
facilitate production processes.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years’ experience in material/production or
- This position will require, as a part of your background check, a review of your driving record to determine if your driver's licence is in good standing.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs and consistently utilize hand tools
such as drills, screwdrivers, wrenches, etc.
- Must be U.S. Citizen.
- Experience working in defense contracting or similar industry
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and
- Familiarity with handling of Electro Static Discharge (ESD)
and Painted components.
- Use of Oracle ERP or similar systems
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.