Cobham Mission Systems is seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) that will be responsible for coordinating monitor and control with assigned suppliers and verifying quality standards in accordance with the requirements of their organization. They are in charge of dispositioning and communicating nonconformances to supplier’s and supporting them in documenting and reviewing containment and Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) activities. SQE’s review and support suppliers in completion of Production Part Approval Process (PPAP). They manage the supply chain, serve as the technical liaison for suppliers, suggest quality and process improvements, and collaborate with other engineering, purchasing, operations, continuous improvement organization, and IT in a team environment. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Monitor, communicate and improve key supply chain KPI’s, including Supplier OTD (Past due), Quality DPPM, process performance yield, and waste. Investigate supply chain disruptions involving suppliers, to determine a strategic course of action required to eliminate root causes.
- Establish specific short and long term supplier quality and OTD goals
- Collaborate with suppliers and extended manufacturing teams regarding performance of product, and support the technical team to determine process improvements required to eliminate waste. Drive to improve Quality and On-Time Delivery supplier performance metrics.
- Lead problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers to implement sustainable solutions and eliminate recurrence of non‐conformances.
- Work to resolve supplier technical issues in a timely manner to ensure continuity of supply of goods and services for our customer’s value streams and product development.
- Aide manufacturing and engineering in the evaluation and qualification of new supplier materials following a defined new product development process.
- Drive “Zero Defect” mentality within the supply base.
- Train Suppliers in basic Root Cause/Corrective Action, Process Mapping error proofing and Problem solving. Communicate / train engineering and manufacturing specifications to supplier technical teams. Conduct supplier training on quality, process, and on-time delivery topics.
- Interprets engineering drawings and specifications, customer quality requirements, and company quality requirements to ensure compliance with the customer's expectations.
- Review design concepts and technical documentation; collaborate with suppliers to assure their understanding.
- Travel up to 50% (typically 20% to 35%) and Ability to obtain and hold a passport.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related Science
- 3 years Supplier Quality, Process, or related Engineering experience.
- Experience with Quality Assurance in a design and manufacturing environment.
- AS9100 experience
- AS9102 FAIR experience
- APQP and PPAP experience
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis Tools, Lean Manufacturing, Error Proofing and Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Lean manufacturing Experience
- Green Belt certification
- Experience with regulatory requirements, Government/Military contracts,
- FAA experience.
- National Aerospace and Defense Contractors Accreditation Program (Nadcap) experience.
- ASQ (American Society for Quality) Certified Quality Engineer or Certified Reliability Engineer.
Cobham Mission Systems' values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham Mission Systems is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham Mission Systems to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham Mission Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham Mission Systems to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham Mission Systems will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
As an equal opportunity employer, Cobham Mission Systems, is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Cobham Mission Systems’ career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by contacting CRT.NA@cobham.com
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobhammissionsystems.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobhammissionsystems