• Permanent Full Time
• Maintenance and Support focused.
• Adelaide based.
Working as part of the Special Mission Technical Development business unit, this position will be involved with providing technical support and maintenance for our two fleets of special mission aircraft, the systems integration laboratory and the ground stations.
The role works under the guidance of experienced mission systems engineers and aircraft engineers providing support, maintenance and development of current missions systems on board the AMSA CL-604 Challenger Fleet and the Australian Border Force DHC-8 Fleet.
This role also provides a unique opportunity to be involved with the design, build and testing of future aircraft mission systems and associated ground stations.
For this role you must be an Australian Citizen and able to hold and maintain an Australian Government and Australian Border Force security clearance.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Hold Safety as a core value and contribute to the achievement of a Zero Harm and an incident/ injury free environment through active participation in all safety programs relevant to the position,
• Work within a team of experienced mission systems engineers to maintain, develop and troubleshoot Search & Rescue and Surveillance systems on board various aircraft.
• Carry out engineering tasks on wing relating to mission system maintenance and modification.
• Conduct hardware testing and evaluation activities in a laboratory environment.
• Provide Support at remote bases where mission systems may be deployed, including customer endpoints.
• Monitor and evaluate mission systems performance both on ground and airborne.
• Liaise and assist external sub-contractors for development and support of mission systems.
• Maintain mission systems integration laboratory and test rack in a serviceable condition.
• Offer technical advice and support to CAMO for engineering documentation and process improvements.
Key Essential Criteria include:
• Australian Citizen.
• Formal Avionics Trade Training (Cert IV or Diploma in Aeroskills - Avionics).
• Experience in maintenance, modification and support of aircraft avionics systems.
• Airborne sensor and communication systems experience.
• Systematic yet pragmatic approach to problem solving.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work autonomously and within a team.
Key Desirable Criteria include:
• CISCO network experience.
• Computer system design and administration.
• FLIR or WESCAM experience.
• Surveillance RADAR experience.
• Unix/Linux experience or willing to learn.