A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Cobham is seeking a Trade Compliance Specialist
responsibility for the Exeter, N.H. site to supervise and implement the day-to-day operations of the Cobham Export/Import
Compliance Policy (“Ex/Im Policy”).
- Ensuring that the activities of the Business Unit(s) comply
with applicable export control laws and regulations, as well as
the requirements set forth in the Ex/Im Policy;
- Completing or overseeing responsibility for all export
compliance requirements for each proposed export, import and
re-export transaction, in coordination with the other relevant
employees within the Business Unit, to ensure that each proposed
transaction complies with applicable licensing requirements
under export control laws and regulations;
- Arranging export compliance training, as needed.
- Monitoring and advising the business of revisions/changes to export control laws and regulations, and the Ex/Im Policy.
- Responding to inquiries from Business Unit employees regarding
compliance issues, in consultation with the Director, GTC or the
ECM, as necessary.
- Preparing, processing, tracking and maintaining export license
applications and requests for other types of export approvals
filed with government agencies on behalf of the Business Unit.
- Developing a record keeping system to ensure compliance with
the Cobham Ex/Im Policy.
- Assisting the Director, GTC OR ECM of changes to the Business
Unit’s export compliance procedures, as required.
- Serving as the Business Unit’s point of contact for the
receipt, use and secure storage of any controlled technology or
- Ensuring that Technical Data is not released to any Foreign
Person, whether a Cobham employee or otherwise, unless access is
- Determining proper classification and jurisdiction of Cobham products
and services (the ECM, ECO or Director, GTC will assist, as required).
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident status required
- High school diploma
- 2+ years of Export Compliance experience
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office suite expertise
- Bachelors Degree
- Understanding of provisions and requirements of the various
applicable national (and if covering European Business Units
and/or sites, European) export control statutes and regulations
(including, in the UK, the Export Control Order 2000 and the
Dual Use Regulation (Regulation 428/2009) as well as some
experience and familiarity with the civil liability for
violating the US Arms Export Control Act and the International
Traffic in Arms Regulations.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to anticipate and assess risk, and draft procedures and processes to provide solutions
- Detail oriented with prompt follow up amidst pressure and deadlines
- Ability to understand and interpret internal and
external policies as well as the real world application
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a Security Clearance.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.Employment Transparency:
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.