Imagine a future - where Internet connectivity knows no boundaries. Do you want to join one of the leading manufacturers of communication and satellite equipment on a fantastic transformational journey?
Cobham SATCOM A/S is currently looking for a Project Administrator. Cobham SATCOM is a global tele-communication company where the main purpose of our technology is to keep people safe and connected in the remotest areas both at land and at sea. Big tech companies trust us to help them bring Internet connectivity to remote communities, as we have what it takes to lead and deliver on the most ambitious communications projects. At Cobham SATCOM, our vision is to be the leader in remote connectivity safeguarding and connecting people and ideas. This gives meaning to the work of our 500+ employees worldwide on an everyday basis. For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Cobham SATCOM truly has something special inside.
As we are growing, we are facing new and exciting opportunities within our satellite communication business and are therefore recruiting for a proactive Project Administrator for our R&D; Infrastructure Department. We are working on new services and features for operators of larger satellite systems.
We are open to both experienced candidates who wish to take a step back or newly graduates who share our passion for technology and software development. We love what we do and enjoy working with people with a similar enthusiasm. As a Project Administrator, you would report directly into our Program Director R&D; - Infrastructure with your daily work being guided by our Project Managers for infrastructure projects. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, organized, solution-driven, tech savvy, and able to prioritize workloads in a fast-paced and dynamic industry.
When working with satellite communication projects, your work assignments will include:
- Collaborating with Project Managers and the whole project team.
- Reporting updates verbally and in written form to management.
- Assisting in documenting the project work-in-progress.
- You will also be assisting Project Managers with:
- Developing project management plans to include timelines, expenses, people resources, organizational responsibilities, third-party resources, etc.
- Managing project plans and necessary changes.
- Producing project reports to our customers.
- Participating in project meetings with the different teams and customers, help taking notes and gets minutes circulated and agreed.
- Escalating unresolved issues in a timely manner and communicating decisions.
- Generating and promoting the use of templates, schedules, and best practices. Alignment over different projects.
- Maintaining various lists and data archives.
As a Project Administrator, your key skills and qualifications will ideally include some of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or similar in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, Finance, Management or a related field.
- Profound knowledge of MS Office (MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint as well as the Outlook Suite).
- Knowledge of or experience with software development (Agile terms like Kanban, BurnDown, BackLog, etc.).
- Knowledge of project management tools like Microsoft Project and/or Jira.
- Experience from working in a project organization with new product development.
- Experience with project administration, document management, maintenance of project plans, project follow-up, etc.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences, including presenting complex matters clearly and simply.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, including fluency in English.
- Collaborative working style and a team-player attitude.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
Software development is carried out in small teams using the Scrum methodology. Development takes place at our headquarters in Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark, where this position is also located.
Starting your career at Cobham SATCOM means that you will be surrounded by peers who are experts in their field where you can learn from the best and gain relevant skills to adapt to this continuously changing world. Being part of Cobham SATCOM opens up opportunities for you to gain both professional and personal development in our performance-oriented environment, where social interactions are highly valued. You will become a part of a diverse organization on a transformational journey, where no two days look the same, working in a culturally diverse organization where both performance and fun are key elements. You will become part of a company where you will work together with talented, helpful and fun colleagues who value teamwork and integrity.
Besides a competitive salary package, we care about our employees and offer a lunch canteen, social events and societies (wine tasting, art club, Friday bar, music band), sport clubs (skiing, cycling, adventure race, badminton), paid fulltime health and accident insurance and well equipped fitness room, but most importantly we care about you becoming one of us.
Please be advised that successful candidates must be willing to present a criminal record check and go through the mandatory security clearance prior to commencing employment with Cobham SATCOM.
Cobham SATCOM is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
About Cobham SATCOM:
At Cobham SATCOM, we create, develop, innovate, and share the responsibility to fulfil our potential – both on a company and individual basis. We believe our culture of being highly innovated, our ability to continuously adapt to change, our capability plan disciplined in connection to the demands and to foster a fun and inspiring work environment empowers us to achieve our ambitions. Join us and be part of bringing our inspiring projects to life. When connection matters you can count on Cobham SATCOM.