Job Ad Template
A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Direct all aspects of the Accounting unit/shared services
environment; select, develop and evaluate personnel to ensure the
efficient operation of the unit; oversee the development of
financial accounting systems required to maintain reporting
requirements; provide tax, insurance and other reports required by
governmental regulations; manage the Accounting staff in the
collection, processing, summarizing, analyzing and reporting of all
accounting and financial activities of the company.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial
reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end
close; ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial
- Manage strategic accounting and finance projects within the
Accounting Department; track and report costs; take proactive
measures to communicate issues on a timely basis.
- Monitor and analyzes department work to develop more
efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a
high level of accuracy.
- Participate in the development, implementation and maintenance
of Accounting policies, internal controls, as well as
short-and-long range planning.
- Respond to inquiries from the Director of Finance, and other
finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results,
special reporting and workflow process improvements.
- Oversee the personnel, which includes selection, work
allocation, training, development and problem resolution;
evaluate performance and make recommendations for personnel
actions; motivate, coach and mentor employees to achieve peak
productivity, performance and employee engagement.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and reports to upper
management, including special reports by collecting, analyzing
and summarizing information; complete regulatory reports as
- Recommend and implement all internal controls for the
Accounting and Finance unit.
Preferred Qualifications and Success Factors:
- 5+ years of accounting experience to include managing a finance or accounting department in a shared
services environment with manufacturing and/cost
accounting, and advanced working knowledge of of accounting practices, methods, and principles such as US GAAP, FAR, IFRS, and CAS.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 2+ years of experience with an enterprise-wide information systems such as SAP or Oracle.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident status required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- Analytical skills: ability to deal with problems in unstructured situations; ability to review and compare data to identify inconsistencies and determine priorities.
- Math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio and percent; ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discount, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
- Time Management & Organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality; ability to prioritize tasks and meet schedules/deadlines; ability to multi-task.
- Communication skills: ability to read and comprehend federal and state financial regulations; communicate across organizational levels; ability to read, analyze and interpret procedures or governmental regulations; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively before customers or employees; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities.
- Leadership skills: ability to lead people, coach and mentor staff with integrity, honesty and trust to deliver reliable solutions. Ability to act with energy, passion and responsibility to collaborate and align all elements of the Accounting department.
All applicants must be a U.S Citizen or U.S Person as defined by
ITAR (a lawful permanent resident or someone who is a protected
individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)). In order to be
eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a Security Clearance.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.Employment Transparency:
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.