Due to an internal promotion, Cobham Mission Systems, now part of the Eaton Portfolio, are looking for an Estimator to perform a key role as part of the business-winning team to price contracts for original equipment, repairs and maintenance within the defence sector.
The estimating team consists of 6 employees, working on multiple complex engineering projects. We are an innovative high performing team with a great team spirit trusted to deliver a great service to our key stakeholders. As part of this function, you will work with established tools and processes and we will provide training to develop your skills and career within estimating and associated teams.
This role is based from Wimborne, Dorset.
We are able to offer flexible working arrangements, such as working remotely with attendance on site on an agreed basis as required.
As an Estimator, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Proven relevant experience gained in a commercial discipline in a high tech industry, ideally within the aerospace/defence sector
- Knowledge of the estimating process is a prerequisite for this role
- Experience in costing/pricing/tendering for original equipment, repairs and maintenance schemes
- Experience of UK MoD and US DoD and export contracting would be an advantage
- Ability to work both within a team, making the best use of internal resources and also autonomously
- Initiative and drive to collate, analyse and present complex information key to the commercial success of the business
- Enthusiasm and commitment to the sector and the ability to work to tight deadlines
As an Estimator, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Compiling cost estimates by collating inputs from cross functional disciplines:
- Manufacturing Operations
- Project Management
- Commercial and Finance
- Working as an integral part of the Bid Team to develop the cost estimate to selling price and obtain internal approval of the bid issued to the customer
About Cobham Mission Systems
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
We offer challenging and rewarding roles across a wide range of disciplines that combine to make us a true global technology and service leader.
Our ethos is rooted firmly in our history of innovation, leadership and empowerment and we take great pride in solving the big problems that others can’t. If it can be done we can find a way.
We believe in operating as a team, both among ourselves and alongside our partners. And we believe in pushing our potential to its very limit.
After all, we did not get to where we are now, nor will we succeed in the future, by being unambiguous or complacent. For us, Every Mission Matters.
What You Can Expect From Us
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes an annual bonus, employer matched pension scheme of up to 12%, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with options to buy/sell 5 days per year, company funded life cover of 3x salary and income protection scheme as well as a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme. In addition, we offer a wide range of additional benefits through our Cobham Choice Benefit Portal covering Health & Wellbeing benefits, Insurances, Cycle Scheme, Gym Flex, Technology Scheme and discounted Retail Vouchers to name a few.
If successful, you will be required to pass a criminal record check and a security clearance.
Working at CMS Wimborne
Click Here to watch a video to see what we do and hear from colleagues what life is like at our Wimborne site.
Check out our website and our LinkedIn page to find out more.